GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Where are the England flags then?"

The "Freeola Customer Forum" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Tue 21/06/05 at 21:12
Regular
"Infantalised Forums"
C'mon all you patriots, it's that time of year again.
A major sporting event is upon us, one we actually host year after year, and yet I haven't seen one solitary flag in a car or displayed from a house window.
I guess we'll have to settle for yet more isolated shrieks of "GWON TIM!!!!" and endless "This year?" reports in tabloids accompanied by the inevitable "I'm touching cloth" pose he seems to feel indicates personality [URL]http://www.overcompetitive.com/sponsored_athletes/henman_bio.gif[/URL]

So why the lack of flags symbolising your patriotic duty to...er...watch it on the tv then?
"Because he sucks and we never win"
Not like International Football championships then...
Tue 21/06/05 at 21:12
Regular
"Infantalised Forums"
C'mon all you patriots, it's that time of year again.
A major sporting event is upon us, one we actually host year after year, and yet I haven't seen one solitary flag in a car or displayed from a house window.
I guess we'll have to settle for yet more isolated shrieks of "GWON TIM!!!!" and endless "This year?" reports in tabloids accompanied by the inevitable "I'm touching cloth" pose he seems to feel indicates personality [URL]http://www.overcompetitive.com/sponsored_athletes/henman_bio.gif[/URL]

So why the lack of flags symbolising your patriotic duty to...er...watch it on the tv then?
"Because he sucks and we never win"
Not like International Football championships then...
Tue 21/06/05 at 21:15
Regular
It's the 2006 World Cup next year, they're saving their house drape flags for that, I'd imagine.
Tue 21/06/05 at 21:19
Regular
Perhaps none of them have the patience to keep up with the Cricket.
England are on a bit of a roll lately.
They even beat Australia (Cricket's equivilant of Brazil...)
Tue 21/06/05 at 21:20
Regular
"I like cheese"
I hung all the flags, shirts and scarves out before (and obviously after) the Champions League Final.

Wouldn't do it for England though.

On the subject of Wimbledon, I would love it if any English guy won.
Tue 21/06/05 at 21:21
Regular
I don't support England. i support Jamaica.
Tue 21/06/05 at 21:22
Regular
"Excommunicated"
It was about this time last year when France beat England in the last few minutes.

Cue scenes of some Scotsmen trying to hide their laughter as they walk out a pub full of blonde highlighted hair, red-dhirted Englishmen crying on their girlfriend's shoulder. Mwhaha
Tue 21/06/05 at 21:34
Regular
"Pouch Ape"
I faked despair at England going out of the World Cup to get sympathy from a girl I liked. Didn't work - I got more attention from my mate's Mum, and looked incredibly stupid.
Tue 21/06/05 at 21:49
Regular
"Excommunicated"
When I ordered at the bar everyone looked at me... thought I was going to get bottled.
Tue 21/06/05 at 22:25
Regular
SHEEPY wrote:
> It was about this time last year when France beat England in the last
> few minutes.
>
> Cue scenes of some Scotsmen trying to hide their laughter as they
> walk out a pub full of blonde highlighted hair, red-dhirted
> Englishmen crying on their girlfriend's shoulder. Mwhaha

Aha, I couldn't watch the first 89 minutes of it.

I was in the car for about 20 minutes all "Bah, England are 1-0 up" and I got home ust in time to see Zidane score 2.

woo.

And the number of those fecking flags last year was unbelievable.

I went to Alton Towers on the day of the Portugal match.

Listened to it on a crappy radio, but it was fantastic.

Ahhh.

I hate you English.

:-)
Tue 21/06/05 at 22:30
"period drama"
All the England flags were confiscated at Wimbledon - at least, some interviewery guy was interviewering some people, who had theirs taken away for no apparent reason.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Continue this excellent work...
Brilliant! As usual the careful and intuitive production that Freeola puts into everything it sets out to do, I am delighted.
Brilliant service.
Love it, love it, love it!
Christopher

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.