GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"The Game Campaign!!"

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Fri 01/06/01 at 19:19
Regular
Grrrrrrrrrrrrrreetings, FOG-ers!

There is a lot of ‘buzz’ surrounding this next election and but some of you seem to think it’s a little one sided. Well, I don’t think so, and this is why I am running for Notable!

"You’re Joking!" You might say... "Look at the competition"

Well, who is the competition?!

"Er-No...?"

What in the name EIDOS is an Er-No?!

Do you really think that this topic-flooding, fast-connection boasting, know-it-all-wannabe will benefit the FOG in anyway?! I say NO... he has flooded before and he'll flood again, Er-No is just after a title and he doesn't contribute well enough to SR...

So he posts a lot in the FOG but a lot of it is nonsense and he abuses Newbies... "So what!" You might say but do you realise that these Newbies are the future of SR? They will represent Special Reserve in years to come...

Ask some Newbies... I respect Newbies and in turn get the same respect back, just ask Bonus... when he was a Newbie... Quazimodo, or Time_Warp when he was. They are all great people. I am not just after a title, I care about the future of Special Reserve, and I want to see people who come during my time here and when I’ve gone, enjoy it as much as I do.

With Er-No as a representative and someone to look up to, they will feel uncomfortable and leave or maybe worse, stay and lower the standards in the Forums! Er-No isn't fit to be a Notable. He might come out with a joke or two, but who doesn't! And look, Er-No has contributed a mere 1 cheat to UKcheats and a mere 8 reviews to UKreviews... compared to my 25 Reviews and 40 cheats I think that, for a would-be Notable his totals are pretty lame. So the next time you need a cheat the chances are it will be from me rather than from Er-No! And I am not just 100% Nintendo, I like and respect the company as one might their country, but I don’t let this get in the way of providing Special Reserve with information regarding other consoles… Just recently I won Gameaday for donating MULTIPLE Playstation 2 and Dreamcast cheats. I also have posted PRO-Microsoft topics to liven the FOG community and indirectly welcome any followers of the X-Box or ‘fans’ of Microsoft.

Do I think Er-No is a suitable representative and worthy of the title Notable?! In a word... No!

There is no-one here I dislike... You're all an inspiration to me, and for me to continue to post the quality material I do, being a Notable would definitely help me along. Look at the number of cheats and reviews I have written for the benefit of Special Reserve!

Also, I don't show any bias against games companies that are competing against Nintendo... You have witnessed Er-No's bias towards Microsoft and the X-Box respectively. To owners of the X-Box who want to mix into the FOG community, having Er-No as a Notable and representative would only deter them and take another brick from the foundation of Special Reserve's future.

I am not just all talk, I have befriended many people in the FOG and you, yes you, reading this, are probably one of them. I can converse with Newbies, Regulars and Notables alike, my posts are good, I don’t use net-speak and I am all for promoting Special Reserve and the Future of Gaming as much as possible. It’s simple friends. Without me, some of you might not still be here. I have befriended you and stuck up for you. Now I need your backing. Please.

One Election. One Date. One Name

Vote ‘The Game’, this Election!

Thank You.
Fri 01/06/01 at 19:19
Regular
"Fishing For Reddies"
Grrrrrrrrrrrrrreetings, FOG-ers!

There is a lot of ‘buzz’ surrounding this next election and but some of you seem to think it’s a little one sided. Well, I don’t think so, and this is why I am running for Notable!

"You’re Joking!" You might say... "Look at the competition"

Well, who is the competition?!

"Er-No...?"

What in the name EIDOS is an Er-No?!

Do you really think that this topic-flooding, fast-connection boasting, know-it-all-wannabe will benefit the FOG in anyway?! I say NO... he has flooded before and he'll flood again, Er-No is just after a title and he doesn't contribute well enough to SR...

So he posts a lot in the FOG but a lot of it is nonsense and he abuses Newbies... "So what!" You might say but do you realise that these Newbies are the future of SR? They will represent Special Reserve in years to come...

Ask some Newbies... I respect Newbies and in turn get the same respect back, just ask Bonus... when he was a Newbie... Quazimodo, or Time_Warp when he was. They are all great people. I am not just after a title, I care about the future of Special Reserve, and I want to see people who come during my time here and when I’ve gone, enjoy it as much as I do.

With Er-No as a representative and someone to look up to, they will feel uncomfortable and leave or maybe worse, stay and lower the standards in the Forums! Er-No isn't fit to be a Notable. He might come out with a joke or two, but who doesn't! And look, Er-No has contributed a mere 1 cheat to UKcheats and a mere 8 reviews to UKreviews... compared to my 25 Reviews and 40 cheats I think that, for a would-be Notable his totals are pretty lame. So the next time you need a cheat the chances are it will be from me rather than from Er-No! And I am not just 100% Nintendo, I like and respect the company as one might their country, but I don’t let this get in the way of providing Special Reserve with information regarding other consoles… Just recently I won Gameaday for donating MULTIPLE Playstation 2 and Dreamcast cheats. I also have posted PRO-Microsoft topics to liven the FOG community and indirectly welcome any followers of the X-Box or ‘fans’ of Microsoft.

Do I think Er-No is a suitable representative and worthy of the title Notable?! In a word... No!

There is no-one here I dislike... You're all an inspiration to me, and for me to continue to post the quality material I do, being a Notable would definitely help me along. Look at the number of cheats and reviews I have written for the benefit of Special Reserve!

Also, I don't show any bias against games companies that are competing against Nintendo... You have witnessed Er-No's bias towards Microsoft and the X-Box respectively. To owners of the X-Box who want to mix into the FOG community, having Er-No as a Notable and representative would only deter them and take another brick from the foundation of Special Reserve's future.

I am not just all talk, I have befriended many people in the FOG and you, yes you, reading this, are probably one of them. I can converse with Newbies, Regulars and Notables alike, my posts are good, I don’t use net-speak and I am all for promoting Special Reserve and the Future of Gaming as much as possible. It’s simple friends. Without me, some of you might not still be here. I have befriended you and stuck up for you. Now I need your backing. Please.

One Election. One Date. One Name

Vote ‘The Game’, this Election!

Thank You.
Fri 01/06/01 at 19:26
"possibly impossible"
Someone's trying hard for Notable status, aren't they?

;-)
Fri 01/06/01 at 19:31
Regular
"Fishing For Reddies"
pb wrote:
> Someone's trying hard for Notable status, aren't they?

We can not divulge our well thought out strategy to the SR public right now, but you can be guaranteed that if you vote 'The Game' this election you will see, that through Honesty, Trust, Cooperation and Freindship we can make the FOG's much better places!

The Game: Notable Material
Fri 01/06/01 at 19:39
If you donate your next GAD to me, I will vote for you.

worth a try;)
Fri 01/06/01 at 19:44
Regular
"Fishing For Reddies"
What you'll get with me as a Notable is worth more than a game. You'll get a boost in the atmosphere of the forums, more cheats and more top-quality reviews. Voting for me will give me more of an incentive to provide much, much more for Special reserve and it's members.

The Game: Notable Material
Fri 01/06/01 at 19:48
Regular
"everyone says it"
What the hell is your problem, as any newbie if I have been mean or badly treating them, because I haven't, I have helped nearly everyone in this forum and one time or another and try to post to the best of my ability, my SPAG is second to none, and I believe I will be a worthy notable because unlike some I am not big headed, I try to help, I have been through a suspension here, and come out the other side, I am better for it...

The Game, you can make a false statement and topic...

..but the people I have helped will no the truth...

ssssshhhhhhhhhh.. before I take you of my list.

er-no
Fri 01/06/01 at 19:50
Regular
"everyone says it"
I am not 100% Nintendo, infact I have critised them for making the mistakes they have in the past few years on here, and also the notable is for the FOG, not for how many reviews they have posted etc.....

6 reviews to the reviews sections, 3 wins!

Now there's someone to look up to!

:P
Fri 01/06/01 at 19:56
Regular
"MJ:Newbie Hunter!"
Welcome back I hear you cry. Well I have been to my mates and have just ahd the chance to play the sublime Crazy Taxi on the Ps2. Oh the Game beats er-no on all counts as he does not abuse us newbies(cough).
Fri 01/06/01 at 20:01
Regular
"everyone says it"
MJswerve wrote:
> the Game beats er-no on all counts as he does not abuse us
> newbies(cough).

What the hell? I have never abused a newbie! NEVER!
Fri 01/06/01 at 20:03
So this is what it has come to? An election to select notables, with just two candidates to choose from?
That's why I'm here to change it all, I'll stand for a notable, and what's more I'm not going to waste time by putting my opposition down and making promises I can't possibly keep! (where do I sign up?)
Vote Gronti_V and you will get a candidate who understands that notables have no real power and the mere fact that they have their names in yellow means nothing to the vast majority of forum users! Sure I'll try my best to do what the people want but when it comes down to it the whole notable thing means nothing!

VOTE GRONTI_V! A vote for Gronti_V is a vote for what's right and true!

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

The coolest ISP ever!
In my opinion, the ISP is the best I have ever used. They guarantee 'first time connection - everytime', which they have never let me down on.
Many thanks!
You were 100% right - great support!

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.