GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"3001?"

The "Freeola Customer Forum" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Fri 10/06/05 at 14:13
Regular
"Pouch Ape"
Anyone heard of this? New Mike Judge film set 1000 years in the future where some participants (Luke Wilson and Ryta Someone) in a Human hibernation project emerge to find society is so dumbed-down, they are geniuses.

Sounds a bit like a reverse-Futurama. Apparently it's all finished, but I can't find a trailer anywhere. And it's got something to do with Office Space, but I can't find any proper info on that either.

Cheyars!
Fri 10/06/05 at 20:50
Regular
"allardini's tagline"
Yeah, I first heard about this an age ago, and am very curious about it too.
Fri 10/06/05 at 19:54
Regular
"Vote For Pedro"
Taken from some MSN thing:

'3001' (Aug. 5)
The Story: What a great idea! Instead of letting top-drawer soldiers go to waste during peacetime, why not put them in hibernation until the next war? For that iffy trial run, recruit a couple of expendables: Pvt. Joe Bowers, the army's chief under-achiever (Luke Wilson), and Rita the prostitute (Maya Rudolph). The best-laid military plans always go awry, and when they do, the hibernation experiment gets so back-burnered, it's totally lost. Our duo of guinea pigs wakes up 10 centuries later, in a world so dumbed down they are world-class geniuses.
The Skinny: Laughs may be epidemic since "3001" is a Mike Judge project, and that means his eye for social satire (see "Beavis and Butthead," "King of the Hill," and his feature debut "Office Space") should infect this comedy in a most salutary way.

________
That date (August 5th) is for the USA. It should mean that a trailer will be out soon. Not sure on a UK release but if it's a long time away, I'll just watch it in New York in September.

There's also a picture here [URL]http://movies.msn.com/movies/movie.aspx?m=563831&mp=r[/URL] but it's not really even worth looking at.
Fri 10/06/05 at 19:42
CDouch wrote:
> I've been looking forward to this for a long time now. One day I
> decided to check out the IMDB to see what he's up to these days
> (besides King of the Hill) and noticed 'Untitled Mike Judge
> Project'.

Yeah, I saw that a while back too

There's an asbsolute load of people in it that were in Office Space, so hopefully it will be equally magnificent
Fri 10/06/05 at 19:40
Regular
"Vote For Pedro"
I've been looking forward to this for a long time now. One day I decided to check out the IMDB to see what he's up to these days (besides King of the Hill) and noticed 'Untitled Mike Judge Project'.

I haven't seen anything since then and there hasn't been much written on it. I'm sure it'll be excellent though, Office Space is one of my favourite films.

I'll see if I can find anything out...
Fri 10/06/05 at 14:13
Regular
"Pouch Ape"
Anyone heard of this? New Mike Judge film set 1000 years in the future where some participants (Luke Wilson and Ryta Someone) in a Human hibernation project emerge to find society is so dumbed-down, they are geniuses.

Sounds a bit like a reverse-Futurama. Apparently it's all finished, but I can't find a trailer anywhere. And it's got something to do with Office Space, but I can't find any proper info on that either.

Cheyars!

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Best Provider
The best provider I know of, never a problem, recommend highly
Paul
Simple, yet effective...
This is perfect, so simple yet effective, couldnt believe that I could build a web site, have alrealdy recommended you to friends. Brilliant.
Con

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.