GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"My goal"

The "Sony Games" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Mon 06/06/05 at 20:25
Regular
"360: swfcman"
Having checked through my old PS1 games, i came across a few that not only have i not finished, i have never played them!

Now ive finished Uni till October, and have plenty of free time around my job and other hobbies, so i have set myself a goal: I want to finish them. All. By October.

The games are:

Final Fantasy Anthology (IV & V)
FF VI
FF IX

I bought them all together when i realised having played FF7 and 8 that i wanted to finish them all, but obviously never got round to it and instead jumped to X and X-2.

But now i aim to complete them, meaning i have to juggle playing them in order, along with playing WoW and FM05. Going to be tough.

I shall attempt to give updates to anyone who cares, but also i ask you to set yourself you own challenge of any kind to take part in over the summer. You never know, you might enjoy it, and it may lighten the forum up a little with some original activity.

So whats your personal challenge going to be?

Have fun!
Thu 09/06/05 at 12:10
Regular
"The definitive tag"
I'm setting myself the goal of actually playing MGS3. I bought it about two months ago, then I went and got Resident Evil 4 the day after and played through that instead.

Don't really know why, but I haven't bothered with MGS3 since. I really ought to play it.
Thu 09/06/05 at 11:59
Regular
"I'm Great."
I think I'll set myself a goal to finish FF IV and maybe FF X-2. Started FF IV but never finished it. Played to near enough the end of FF X-2 but accidently cleared my memory card. Lost everything on there. Over 167 hours of FF X. Bah.

As for FF IX I finished that first time around but Ihave heard a lot of people say that they had troubke getting in to it. I think Quina(sp?) was one of the main factors with some people.
Tue 07/06/05 at 21:25
Regular
Flock wrote:

> Ico

You have Ico? :O :O

I looooooove that game but I lost my copy and it's impossible to find, I think it was on Amazon for like £50 but screw that lol.
Tue 07/06/05 at 19:28
Regular
FantasyMeister wrote:

> Good luck completing them all, especially FF9 which is one I've never
> personally finished (just couldn't get into it), but make sure when it
> starts feeling more like work than gaming that you take a break and
> play PES4 for a bit.

Good luck completing them? Good luck in starting them more like. Even PES4 isnt getting much of a looking in.

Bloody WoW.
Tue 07/06/05 at 17:32
Regular
"Copyright: FM Inc."
Pro Evo wrote:
> Who says its a chore?

Hedfix does, I kinda agree. I find that if I set myself goals like:

"I MUST finish this game before the sequel comes out" then I find myself playing it even when I'm not enjoying it and would rather be playing something else instead. I used to get that with Gran Turismo 3 alot, now I tend to play Gran Turismo 4 in little bursts but only when I feel like it, that way there's no pressure to get 100% and I get to play 50 other games a little in between, which is more fun.

Good luck completing them all, especially FF9 which is one I've never personally finished (just couldn't get into it), but make sure when it starts feeling more like work than gaming that you take a break and play PES4 for a bit.
Tue 07/06/05 at 17:27
Regular
Who says its a chore? I do want to play these games, its just been about finding the time to do it and not playing anything else.

Surely making it a chore would be me making myself play it when i dont like it, similar to everytime i happen to play the likes of Fifa.
Tue 07/06/05 at 15:49
Regular
"Mozzy"
Hedfix wrote:
> Gaming shouldn't be a chore.
Tue 07/06/05 at 13:32
Regular
"twothousandandtits"
Asher wrote:
> I scored a glorious goal this evening, I have this player called
> Muntari on my Master League side who is easy to buy and develops to
> the point where he's better than nearly everyone on the game. Put him
> on the right hand side, he can cut in and score smashing goals with
> his powerful left foot.
>
> Check him out.

I had him in my first master league. This time I've found an excellent DMF/CMF called Ometan. At 20 his attack and defence stats are both 90+, he has a red dribbling accuracy stat etc. He's excellent. I generally play him in the holding role, but once I moved him forward into central midfield and he scored two fantastic goals from outside the box. Only two he's ever scored. That match ended 2-0, as well.
Tue 07/06/05 at 00:44
Regular
"8==="
Gaming shouldn't be a chore.

I play my games based on mood.
Tue 07/06/05 at 00:40
Regular
"Brooklyn boy"
My goal would be to complete the 40 or so RPG's i've started or am yet to play. Unfortunately there's at least one coming out every month so i've got no chance

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

I've been with Freeola for 14 years...
I've been with Freeola for 14 years now, and in that time you have proven time and time again to be a top-ranking internet service provider and unbeatable hosting service. Thank you.
Anthony
Second to none...
So far the services you provide are second to none. Keep up the good work.
Andy

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.