GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Onions Please."

The "Freeola Customer Forum" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Sun 05/06/05 at 21:22
Regular
"the burning sky"
No this isnt a Pikmin related post. With a little time spare leading up to my exams, I've decided to refashion my site. Mainly removing the godawful Tables and I-Frames, replacing them with CSS and whatnot. PHP will come later for includes and whatnot, but feel free to critcise my current basic template. Buttons and Logo arent actual, just an idea of what goes where.

[URL]http://incensed.quirkyanimations.co.uk/[/URL]
Fri 16/09/05 at 23:08
"Tesco value"
In a word

Feathery

Fitting for your muses
Fri 16/09/05 at 22:20
Regular
"the burning sky"
So what did you think to the header?

And yes the text is very tasty, my special recipe
Fri 16/09/05 at 21:54
"Tesco value"
Taste text?

do I have too?

[S]*hmmm monitory*[S]
Fri 16/09/05 at 21:45
Regular
"the burning sky"
After a 3 month hiatus I finally got round to photoshopping the header and I think it came out pretty well. Just got some more 'wisps' to add in the blackspace of the header then I have to rejig the footer graphic since it somehow became quite low quality, then it's time to add content.
Sat 02/07/05 at 15:34
Regular
"the burning sky"
Right there's a nice new CSS nav bar there now, and ties in more nicely with the right hand bar :D
Sat 02/07/05 at 12:54
Regular
"the burning sky"
Ok, been looking thro there and started doing some inline lists. Problem being that whenever I put it in, I get padding above and below the list. Anyother text goes to the top left where i want it, but the list doesnt. You can check it from the original link, any help is muchly appreciated...

Edit: NVM did it somehow when trying out some other code...
Sat 02/07/05 at 12:09
Regular
"Bicycle"
There's an article on their site, titled "Taming Lists".

Here: [URL] http://www.alistapart.com/articles/taminglists/ [/URL]
Fri 01/07/05 at 12:44
Regular
"the burning sky"
Since it's too much effort to make the dropdowns work in IE, I want something more similar to the nav bar on this site http://alistapart.com/ but cant seem to see it referenced anywhere...
Thu 30/06/05 at 19:05
Regular
"Bicycle"
www.w3.org

www.echoecho.com

www.zeldman.com (design, not code)

Just google it...
Thu 30/06/05 at 12:19
Regular
"the burning sky"
Coin wrote:
> Sorry - two things.
>
> First - don't "get" the blue bar.
>
> Second - don't really like image buttons. Would rather see some tidy
> use of CSS
  • etc. there.

Yeah the blue bar kinda seems out of place, can't seem to remember why it was there. Maybe I thought I needed some other images, to make it look less plain. Also, I keep saying tis but the buttons aren't anything final, just an idea of where the navigation was going. Oh and that CSS stuff, I've seen it used, but not sure how to start it properly. Any reference docs?

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Just a quick note to say thanks for a very good service ... in fact excellent service..
I am very happy with your customer service and speed and quality of my broadband connection .. keep up the good work . and a good new year to all of you at freeola.
Matthew Bradley
Excellent support service!
I have always found the support staff to provide an excellent service on every occasion I've called.
Ben

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.