GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"SSC26: Waaaiiiigggghhhhhheeeeee!: Dullan Grey goes to Hogwarts, part four"

The "Creative Writing" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Sun 05/06/05 at 13:33
Regular
"spongemycarpetydont"
The fourth in the not-so trilogy. Amazing

-------------------------------------------------------

Not many people in this world have ever had the privilege of falling at 2000ft in a motorcycle sidecar. A unique experience, and to say the least, quite frightening. Most people don’t actually find the “ride” frightening. It’s the ground that scares them.

Dullan was not exactly having much fun. He was not one for falling from heights. He had tried skydiving once, but only because his mother had bought him tickets for his birthday. He had forgotten all of the skydiving rules, and pencil jumped out of the plane. Backwards. And upside down. He had managed to open his chute just in time, and he slowly floated down an industrial chimney.
He was not one for falling from heights.

He looked around himself, admiring the scenery. Hills. Whooshing clouds whooshing past to get back to their whooshy business. Ooh! Look, a tree! And then he saw it. The speeding whitish-yellowy comet of doom rushing beneath him. The Hogwarts bullet.

“Dullan! Oh, crumpets (swear filter)” yelled Ron “Ill come and get you, Dullan!”
And with that he sped away as fast as he could. Dullan could help himself.

“This is just my luck. And im going to die in these! Robes? A wizard’s hat? And why am I still carrying this bloody owl.” He threw it over the edge with a squawk.
“Im going to die in a cheap Harry Potter Halloween costume, under a speeding train. That’s just dandy”
He hit the roof of the train.

Gravity a funny thing. Invented in 16 something by Isaac Newton (before then, everyone floated around idly), it has sworn to bring people down and occasionally bring their food up. Most people can defy gravity. Fact.
You’d think Dullan should be dead by now. But, as luck would have it (and me wanting to carry on writing these), gravity spared Dullan this once. Instead of crushing him, decided to give him a stomach-wrenching skid down the roof of a speeding train.

“Waaaiiiigggghhhhhheeeeee!” Dullan thought that would suit the situation. He was skidding down the back of a train, going at 120mph at the least. His makeshift skiddy thing (the sidecar) swivelled kindly to give him a good look at the end of the train, and the end of his life. It then swivelled back again. Dullan shrieked.
Wed 31/08/05 at 13:04
Regular
"Cool!"
I love the part when he throws the owl! I'm gonna reead your next one!;0)
Thu 16/06/05 at 20:58
Regular
"spongemycarpetydont"
Marinky_Kongshi wrote:
> BRILLIANT! All of it! This is like Hitch Hickers Guide To The Galaxy a
> little. Love the occasional repetition. Brilliant.

And thanks
Thu 16/06/05 at 20:58
Regular
"spongemycarpetydont"
Wow. Genius
Thu 16/06/05 at 20:43
Regular
"0228"
MrGlitch wrote:
> Thank you. I will carry on the series for SSC27...

Here's an idea, how about you just write the stories, not as part of an SSC? It's not like you were sticking to the theme anyway.
Thu 16/06/05 at 20:11
Regular
"What's basketball?"
BRILLIANT! All of it! This is like Hitch Hickers Guide To The Galaxy a little. Love the occasional repetition. Brilliant.
Sat 11/06/05 at 10:32
Regular
"spongemycarpetydont"
Thank you. I will carry on the series for SSC27...
Sat 11/06/05 at 00:14
Regular
"not dead"
If I thought I was about to die, I'd definitely say "That's just dandy".
Fri 10/06/05 at 20:53
"period drama"
Love it all.
And yes, I have read it all.
All.

yey
Sun 05/06/05 at 16:00
Regular
"spongemycarpetydont"
uum..yes. novella.....?
Sun 05/06/05 at 13:56
Regular
"Laughingstock"
Amusing...but this is like - turning into a novella!

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Excellent support service!
I have always found the support staff to provide an excellent service on every occasion I've called.
Ben
Many thanks!!
Registered my website with Freeola Sites on Tuesday. Now have full and comprehensive Google coverage for my site. Great stuff!!
John Shepherd

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.