GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Short Story Competition 26"

The "Creative Writing" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Wed 01/06/05 at 07:06
Regular
"not dead"
Thank you mattribute for picking my story.

Here's the next challenge:

Out for Dinner

I'll allow two "entree"s per person. Laughing at my amazing pun will enhance you chance of victory

I'm not going to give you long, only until the 10th June, and I'll judge over the weekend of the 11th & 12th.

Special rule for Crossbob - (anyone else can adhere to this if they wish) - one of your characters must be called Mike.

Results

Many very good stories - and possibly the most I've ever had to read for a SSC.

I'm going to give this one to:

Asher for Out for Dinner

I thought it was a well delivered story, and I really felt for the main character as he returned to the place time and again from where so many happy times he had spend with his wife.

Runners up are (and in no particular order):

Ant - Late For Dinner
FFF - Desire
JFH - The Last Supper
Sat 11/06/05 at 21:04
Regular
"0228"
Yes. Now get to it.
Sat 11/06/05 at 21:00
Regular
Lol what a pleasant surprise! I've never entered before so it's very nice to win. What's the deal, I just post a new thread with a a new topic idea and a deadline like this one?
Sat 11/06/05 at 18:42
Regular
"Laughingstock"
Well done Asher - apologies for my initial warped analysis (tiredness + computer screens = mirages).
Sat 11/06/05 at 15:42
Regular
"I like cheese"
Yay, runner-up. Well done Asher, not sure if I've replied to yours (will do now) although I know I've read it, certainly a deserved winner.

In fact, I haven't participated in one of these for a while but I thought the overall quality of everyone's pieces was very high, and I plan to continue taking part in these to improve my skills, so keep going everyone. {:)

EDIT - Ah, I did reply to Asher's. Nice one. :D
Sat 11/06/05 at 15:15
Regular
Nice one Asher, well done.
Sat 11/06/05 at 14:19
Regular
"0228"
Runner up? That's my best placing ever, go me!
Sat 11/06/05 at 13:08
Regular
"spongemycarpetydont"
I did too many stories...
Sat 11/06/05 at 12:55
Regular
"bei-jing-jing-jing"
Well done to all.

Good to have somebody new at the helm.
Sat 11/06/05 at 11:41
Regular
"not dead"
Many very good stories - and possibly the most I've ever had to read for a SSC.

I'm going to give this one to:

Asher for Out for Dinner

I thought it was a well delivered story, and I really felt for the main character as he returned to the place time and again from where so many happy times he had spend with his wife.

Runners up are (and in no particular order)

Ant - Late For Dinner
FFF - Desire
JFH - The Last Supper
Sat 11/06/05 at 10:39
Regular
"not dead"
Don't forget to read my entry, or I'll make it the winner. ;o)

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Excellent
Excellent communication, polite and courteous staff - I was dealt with professionally. 10/10
LOVE it....
You have made it so easy to build & host a website!!!
Gemma

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.