GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Donkey Konga 2"

The "Nintendo Games" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Sat 28/05/05 at 20:43
Regular
"thursdayton!"
It's out next Friday and here's the European song list. I've got it pre-ordered - the first one was a laugh with mates, and this is supposed to be better all round.

Oh yeh.. there's some Good Charlotte. Hardcor3. But we actually get some Ninty tracks and the yanks didn't, so meh.

Pop:

All Star
I'm a Slave 4 U
Losing My Religion
Are You Ready For Love?
Trouble
Boombastic
Shiny Happy People
Sidewalks
Runaway Train
Don't Let Me Get Me
Breakfast At Tiffany's
Enjoy The Silence

Rock:

Drive
Predictable
I Don't Want to Know (If You Don't Want Me)
Mansize Rooster
Pumping On Your Stereo
I Just Wanna Live

Dance:

Contact

Disco:

Jungle Boogie
That's The Way (I Like It)

Latin:

La Bamba
Don't Let Me Be Misunderstood
La Cucaracha

Classical:

Habanera
Trepak (Nutcracker Suite)
William Tell Overture
Eine kleine Nachtmusik

Nintendo:
Green Greens (Kirby Theme)
Super Mario Bros. 3
Donkey Konga 2 Theme
Kanto Theme (Pokémon)
Mute City Theme (F-Zero)
Sat 04/06/05 at 13:15
Regular
"bit of a brain"
If you have the cash to get more than one set of bongos (may I suggest getting Dk:Jungle Beat as it is excellent and comes with bongos), the multiplayer is guaranteed to attract gamers and non gamers alike. Almost anyone you bring to your house will enjoy DK, and the songs on this new one look better than on the original, although no 99 Red Balloons :' {
Sat 04/06/05 at 10:09
Played the original at a party, was damn hilarious at the time. I can see the "short lived" argument winning through, however.
Fri 03/06/05 at 23:16
Regular
I haven't really played it that much yet but the presentation looks a whole lot better and the songs for me are much more tolerable.
Fri 03/06/05 at 21:49
Regular
Joe Dark wrote:
> The first one fell in price soon after I bought it so I'll wait a
> month or two before I get DK2.

Top idea, I shall do that also.
Fri 03/06/05 at 15:45
Regular
The first one fell in price soon after I bought it so I'll wait a month or two before I get DK2.
Fri 03/06/05 at 15:40
Regular
"bit of a brain"
Ooooh sounds good BUT it's a little on the expensive side. Hmmm. HMMMM. Especially seeing as it's just more of the same. One day, maybe.
Fri 03/06/05 at 14:44
Regular
"thursdayton!"
Yay. I got it.

+ Tracklist bigger, all ok except the Christina Aguilera.
+ Minigames better, no more funking banana tossing. Tetris style bongoing!
+ Graphics don't look like you're on the SNES anymore.
+ New features like badges, more bongo sounds, tons of stuff to unlock.
+ Bongo sounds unlocked from DK1 are imported in.
+ Crappy "play the songs blind" feature is removed, hurrah and is replaced with a mode where the bongo notes change each time

- The extra Nintendo songs unique to Europe are not jazzed up versions of anything, just the versions of stuff from SSBM :(
- The best music in the entire game is the new menu music, which isn't playable.
- Unlocking stuff costs more = you need to play it longer.

Tphi's First Play Rating = Good If You Like That Sort Of Thing.
Tue 31/05/05 at 08:51
Regular
* Crosses fingers for the punk version of La Bamba that will live forever in my heart. Good times! *
Tue 31/05/05 at 08:50
Regular
I'll be buying it.

I'm still playing the first one (yesterday in fact), although I was late on that boat. I gave Cooky my first copy!

Nothing to match the greatness of the Mighty Bosstones, but it looks like a better all round selection that the first Konga.

Resi 4 is still sitting in its cellophane on top of my TV.
Maybe I'll break it out when I finish my last coursework (with a pressing deadline) in a couple of weeks time. But until then pick-up, play, and put down is the order of the day.

Oh, and:

Tphi wrote:
> But we actually get
> some Ninty tracks and the yanks didn't, so meh.

The lucky barstubs :^D
Tue 31/05/05 at 01:40
Regular
Donkey Konga II on Amazon without drums costs £25. Think I'll pass. Was gonna get it if it was to come out at £15 or even £20. But there just is not enough to warrant a full price game.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

10/10
Over the years I've become very jaded after many bad experiences with customer services, you have bucked the trend. Polite and efficient from the Freeola team, well done to all involved.
Excellent support service!
I have always found the support staff to provide an excellent service on every occasion I've called.
Ben

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.