GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"New playoff system"

The "Freeola Customer Forum" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Sat 28/05/05 at 10:48
Regular
"the whites are goin"
Even before the heartbreak of loosing on penalties to Hartlepool I had thought of a better way to conductthe playoffs. It was the factor that finishing third, a whole 3 places above 6th place gave you no clearer advantage of going up. so i think that :

5th place playes 6th place

The winner of that game playes who ever finished 4th

And the winner of that plays 3rd in the final

This is a much better way because 3rd is automatically in the final and 5th and 6th have a harder path to get to the final.

Even if they dont change the playoff to this i still think that they should scrap penalties and the team that performed best in the leage goes through or even on what the results were between the Two teams in the leage. [URL] www.tranmererovers.co.uk[/URL]
Thu 02/06/05 at 23:14
Regular
"I like cheese"
I remember when I was about 7 or 8 I had to have an operation done, and I was in soooo much pain afterwards, so to cheer me up I watched the Liverpool V Wednesday game I had taped from the previous Sunday.

We lost 3-1. :|
Thu 02/06/05 at 23:02
Regular
"360: swfcman"
Our status and history suggests we deserve to be in the Premiership. Our teams over the last 4/5 years though have obviously suggested otherwise, and thats where we have been because of it.

Hopefully things are changing.
Thu 02/06/05 at 22:59
Regular
"I like cheese"
Pro Evo wrote:
> And another point...if Tranmere hadnt finished 3rd, and hadnt been
> knockedd out to Hartlepool...would he be making these suggestions if
> they had done what we did?
>
> Who knows :)

Ah, good point, well done. :D

And good luck in the Championship! A side as big as Wednesday deserve to be up there, in my view.
Wed 01/06/05 at 23:00
Regular
I know i may have a little bias, but i still say the same. As it stands the teams who are 3-6th and a chance of reaching a final. It keeps all these teams interested, and it gives the teams the likes of us, who finished 5th and 6th an equal chance.

Even if we had lost i would have said the same. I still would have got a new experience from it. Travelled to the Millenium stadium, of which i might not ever get to go again, to see Wednesday anyway.

And another point...if Tranmere hadnt finished 3rd, and hadnt been knockedd out to Hartlepool...would he be making these suggestions if they had done what we did?

Who knows :)
Wed 01/06/05 at 22:29
Regular
"I like cheese"
Pro Evo wrote:
> I say dont change a thing.

Yes, but that might have a teensy-weensy thing to do with the fact that Wednesday won the other day.

{:)

Also, I was surprised by how good his suggestion was. Obviously the play-offs are exciting, but when the third place team is 8-12 points ahead of the rest, it does seem a little unfair.
Wed 01/06/05 at 21:10
Regular
"bei-jing-jing-jing"
Pro Evo wrote:
> I say dont change a thing.
Wed 01/06/05 at 20:54
Regular
I say dont change a thing. Perhaps its a little harsh when you finish 3rd and then the 5th team, like ourselves, goes up and you dont, but to be a part of the playoffs alone is really exciting, never mind winning it!

Sunday was the greatest day off my footballing life. One i will never ever forget. I wouldnt trade going up like we did with Luton or Hull going up auto. I experience a game and emotions at a match that i will never experience again more than likely.

The Playoffs are there to create excitement, and they do ever so much.

But they can also be extremely cruel.

But thats football.
Sat 28/05/05 at 10:48
Regular
"the whites are goin"
Even before the heartbreak of loosing on penalties to Hartlepool I had thought of a better way to conductthe playoffs. It was the factor that finishing third, a whole 3 places above 6th place gave you no clearer advantage of going up. so i think that :

5th place playes 6th place

The winner of that game playes who ever finished 4th

And the winner of that plays 3rd in the final

This is a much better way because 3rd is automatically in the final and 5th and 6th have a harder path to get to the final.

Even if they dont change the playoff to this i still think that they should scrap penalties and the team that performed best in the leage goes through or even on what the results were between the Two teams in the leage. [URL] www.tranmererovers.co.uk[/URL]

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Best Provider
The best provider I know of, never a problem, recommend highly
Paul
Many thanks!!
Registered my website with Freeola Sites on Tuesday. Now have full and comprehensive Google coverage for my site. Great stuff!!
John Shepherd

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.