GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"A7X at the Astoria........"

The "Freeola Customer Forum" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Tue 24/05/05 at 11:24
Regular
"This one goes to 11"
......sucked. Well to be honest it was a fairly average gig, but because you naturally expect sevenfold to be so incredibly amazing, when they put on a 'fairly average' show, you cant help but be more than a little disappointed.

The first support were Guildford-based Emo-scum, good thing they had a short set. Can't even remember their name!!

The second support 'Mendeed' were much more satisfactory, with hardcore-style gutteral vocals and stunning lead work from both guitarists. If you ask me they harmonise better than A7X, who couldve made more of an effort to be honest.

They opened with Chapter Four, closed with Unholy Confessions and there was Eternal Rest somewhere in there aswell. They played a lot of stuff off the new album with sounded shocking average. The fact every song is about 5 minutes long meant that their entire set was about 8-10 songs, if that, plus I swear M. Shadow is turning into a chav: Bandana AND a baseball cap??? Might aswell have worn Burberry :b

Dont think I'll be seeing them again, not out of choice anyway. Next gig I'm looking forward to is Funeral For a Freind supported by Bullet For My Valentine. Think its the 28th June....Not a massive FFAF fan, but I must see BFMV, if nothing else their haircuts and piercings amuse me greatly :D

EDIT: It now appears the FFAF gig has sold out, buggeration.
Tue 24/05/05 at 11:24
Regular
"This one goes to 11"
......sucked. Well to be honest it was a fairly average gig, but because you naturally expect sevenfold to be so incredibly amazing, when they put on a 'fairly average' show, you cant help but be more than a little disappointed.

The first support were Guildford-based Emo-scum, good thing they had a short set. Can't even remember their name!!

The second support 'Mendeed' were much more satisfactory, with hardcore-style gutteral vocals and stunning lead work from both guitarists. If you ask me they harmonise better than A7X, who couldve made more of an effort to be honest.

They opened with Chapter Four, closed with Unholy Confessions and there was Eternal Rest somewhere in there aswell. They played a lot of stuff off the new album with sounded shocking average. The fact every song is about 5 minutes long meant that their entire set was about 8-10 songs, if that, plus I swear M. Shadow is turning into a chav: Bandana AND a baseball cap??? Might aswell have worn Burberry :b

Dont think I'll be seeing them again, not out of choice anyway. Next gig I'm looking forward to is Funeral For a Freind supported by Bullet For My Valentine. Think its the 28th June....Not a massive FFAF fan, but I must see BFMV, if nothing else their haircuts and piercings amuse me greatly :D

EDIT: It now appears the FFAF gig has sold out, buggeration.
Tue 24/05/05 at 11:38
Regular
"This one goes to 11"
Just as an after-thought, I now plan to cause serious pain to any retarded crowd-surfer who decides to land on my head again. The number of fat motherf**kers who nearly knocked me out by falling on me last night, was ridiculous. Kill them all!!!! Thankyou.
Tue 24/05/05 at 12:51
Regular
"lets go back"
I saw them in Manchester on Sunday. Worst gig ive ever been to. The two support acts were awful. Probably the same as who you saw. A7x were alright I thought, but the set was too short and the lack of an encore was annoying.

The second support act kept waving their guitars arround like they were 14 year old girls in a batton swirling contest. It was so increadibly dire that i couldnt help laughing at them, so I at least got some kind of enjoyment out of it.

When A7x's singer came onto stage, I thought he was dressed up as Vin Deisel or something. He looked like an idiot. I have to say that I was fairly impressed with their performance tho, im not really into that kind of music but they managed to keep me entertained and ive been listening to a few of their songs since the gig. Shame their set wasnt longer I suppose.
Tue 24/05/05 at 14:29
Regular
"This one goes to 11"
Geffdof wrote:

> The second support act kept waving their guitars arround like they
> were 14 year old girls in a batton swirling contest. It was so
> increadibly dire that i couldnt help laughing at them, so I at least
> got some kind of enjoyment out of it.

Twas the same band. I spose I liked them because being a guitarist I was just stood there the whole set going ''how do u play like that you utter b*tch????', while all my other non-musicien mates described it as: THRASH THRASH THRASH THRASH *Look how fast I can play guitar!!!* GRIND GRIND GRIND GRIND **Oooo, look, i can play even faster now** WIDDLE WIDDLE WIDDLE SCREEEEEEEEEAM *The end* *Repeat*

EDIT: This band are also playing the Hermit in Brentwood July 15th!! I get to go form seeing them in a venue with 2,000 other people to a local club with about 20 people :D Its all good.....

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Thank you very much for your help!
Top service for free - excellent - thank you very much for your help.
Wonderful...
... and so easy-to-use even for a technophobe like me. I had my website up in a couple of hours. Thank you.
Vivien

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.