GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Buy the stratagy guide"

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Wed 03/11/04 at 03:30
Regular
It's ace. It's a 272 page beast, but every page has tonnes of info. It told me where to find an AK, just lying around at the docks. Its only a tenner, so buy it.
Wed 03/11/04 at 03:30
Regular
It's ace. It's a 272 page beast, but every page has tonnes of info. It told me where to find an AK, just lying around at the docks. Its only a tenner, so buy it.
Wed 03/11/04 at 06:50
Regular
Or we're not crap enough to need a Strategy guide...
Wed 03/11/04 at 07:00
Regular
"Monochromatic"
I dont own the game, nor have i played it, should i buy the guide, is it a good read ?
Wed 03/11/04 at 14:36
Regular
"Got any carrots?"
I dont get the point in using strategy guides as soon as the game comes out. I mean its like going to watch a film, but youve read the entire script before-hand. Theres no element of suprise and its pretty linear if you follow a guide all the way through. I mean once youve completed the game, then the guide can be useful, but what a waste of money if u just use the guides all the time.
Wed 03/11/04 at 14:38
Regular
"A man with a stick"
Surely the whole appeal f the GTA games is to discover things yourself. Having someone hold your hand, patting you on the back and telling you "It's OK, I'll play the game for you" kind of defeats the purpose.
Wed 03/11/04 at 14:58
Regular
I'll use GAMEFAQs to ensure I get 100%. Getting it without a guide is damn-near impossible.
Wed 03/11/04 at 16:00
Regular
"Max Power"
they say to complete it 100% you must be insane
Thu 04/11/04 at 03:18
Regular
Most of the missions have a certain way of doing things, like the "Robbing Uncle Sam" mission where you have to shoot the gaurds for him because he can't aim and can't take a bullet. Without the guide you would load up the boxes and leave him to do the shooting and get MISSION FAILED plastered over the screen then have to reload. It's boring and stupid to keep doing the same misions over and over again because your too stuck up to use a book. Frankly, I have better things to do.

But then I guess you think its cheating to save your game.
Thu 04/11/04 at 09:46
Regular
Ryder can't shoot?

Hmmm, I left him to defend while I loaded the boxes and he was fine. I suppose it depend on how long it's taking you to load the boxes.
Thu 04/11/04 at 19:17
Regular
"lets go back"
I've tried that mission twice now and he's died both times(im not very far into the game). I was going to try shooting next time. But i thought of that myself without buying the guide. Part of the fun is trying to beat the computer. Whats the point if you are told how to do it?

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Top-notch internet service
Excellent internet service and customer service. Top-notch in replying to my comments.
Duncan
Just a quick note to say thanks for a very good service ... in fact excellent service..
I am very happy with your customer service and speed and quality of my broadband connection .. keep up the good work . and a good new year to all of you at freeola.
Matthew Bradley

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.