GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"My entire company finally got some..."

The "Freeola Customer Forum" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Sat 14/05/05 at 19:35
Regular
..new Dell computer's!! They were delivered yesterday and they're all still on crates, wrapped in spanky plastic in the conference room. So today, the big boss gave me the go to be the first to crack open the plastic and take my pick of systems. I'm thinking because I'm the loser who had to work this weekend. Perks..

But like, oh.my.GAWD!!! I'm in technology heaven..especially with our whippy server being so cooperative today! This computer with the flat screen monitor is just so sleek and sexy and it's so totally orgasmic to play with, compared to that Commodore (I think that's what it was?) non-Y2K compliant sorry excuse for office equipment in my lifetime..that was still running on Window's 95!! I know..shocking, huh? I didn't think pc's even existed running off of anything less than Windows 2000 and that version was just so full of buggage.

I guess I just wanted to release some of the vibe from this elation of finally getting an office computer that not only performs, but looks as sexy as I do. Yii! I'm kidding, but not really. Gosh..this computer is such a turn on! It just seems like life is a little brighter today because of my new computer. I'm such a geek..

And, what does your hardware do for you? :) I'm going to love coming to work now..

It's really interesting to work for these new investors who have taken controlling interest of the company I work for, just recently. They're like the yuppies of yesteryear who have this stashed nest-egg for retirement and splurg on elaborate executive perks, such as a commercial-size gourmet coffee grinder and brew machine for the breakroom and such..

I was just psyched that I got a spankin' new leather chair when I started here last year, but I'm thinking I might get a company vacation if I stick around long enough, in say..Bermuda..Jamaica...OOohhh, I wanna take ya..

That's all.
Thu 19/05/05 at 21:18
Regular
Celestine wrote:
> Nanashi wrote:
> Just don't go to the Starbucks in any Target store. The barristas
> are really Target janitors who've run out of floors to mop.
>
> They mess up my order every time.
>
> They have a Starbucks at Targe'?? Now that conglomerate merger was
> blatently for the dividends. As was AT&T with Cingular...
>
> Does it make those company's more attractive to consumers knowing
> they get the reputation of the two in one? I would say so. But,
> it's a disgusting way to take advantage of the average Joe Consumer.
> You know I frequent Targe'.. and now that there's Starbucks, gah!!
> It's a mind game for my money..is all it is.
>
> I can just see all of those members of the board just slathering
> themselves in creamy cash. Mmm.. The shame. I wonder what they're
> trading at today..
>
> *guzzles coffee from Starbucks mug*

Gurllll, you have THE mug? :)~

I can definitely tell the difference between the customer service at the isolated Starbucks as opposed to the ones in Target. Granted, Target cust. service is supposedly a step up from Walmart, but...still. Customer service of the unappreciated and underpaid will reflect in their attitudes towards their patrons. I expect that when I order a skinny caramel mocha, the girl will not roll her eyes and then screw my order up anyway. TWICE! Pah.
Thu 19/05/05 at 19:20
Regular
Nanashi wrote:
> Just don't go to the Starbucks in any Target store. The barristas
> are really Target janitors who've run out of floors to mop.
>
> They mess up my order every time.

They have a Starbucks at Targe'?? Now that conglomerate merger was blatently for the dividends. As was AT&T with Cingular...

Does it make those company's more attractive to consumers knowing they get the reputation of the two in one? I would say so. But, it's a disgusting way to take advantage of the average Joe Consumer. You know I frequent Targe'.. and now that there's Starbucks, gah!! It's a mind game for my money..is all it is.

I can just see all of those members of the board just slathering themselves in creamy cash. Mmm.. The shame. I wonder what they're trading at today..

*guzzles coffee from Starbucks mug*
Thu 19/05/05 at 18:39
Regular
Ms NY wrote:
> Aww, why don't we get to have a Starbucks over here? [or do we
> already?!] They'd probably do better than McDonalds. I'm visiting the
> US soonsoon and everybody thinks I'm weird because I'm more excited
> about having a coffee from Starbucks and bringing home a few of their
> cups as soveigners rather than going to the states itself.. :'(

Just don't go to the Starbucks in any Target store. The barristas are really Target janitors who've run out of floors to mop.

They mess up my order every time.
Thu 19/05/05 at 02:52
Regular
Celestine wrote:

>
> The following Monday, I was called into the big boss's office and I
> swear I was going to get waxed. But instead, I got a nice hefty
> raise..and my online access back. Yay!
>

Cha! You big crybaby...
Mon 16/05/05 at 15:39
Regular
Cong_Man wrote:
> Just think...if I worked for your company, I'd have been the guy who
> bought all those computers.
>
> (And I'd have bought something better than Dell's...)

Haha! Get on it Mr. Procurement! :D

I agree that there are better computers out there. These were just economical, I suppose..and it's a small company of around fifty employee's, so I think the Dell's will do for now.

Honestly, I think they spent everything else on that commercial-size coffee grinder and brew monster. I still can't get over the size of that thing.

It's just monumental! And, I don't know..I'm no java connoisseur, but that coffee tastes about the same as your average cuppajo. Hm.
Mon 16/05/05 at 14:19
Regular
"..."
Lucy-Jane wrote:
> But but didnt you buy the Dell computers for my unit? Which i still
> dont have BTW!

Singature is 'out of scope' for Corporate Procurement as your stubborn directors don't want us taking their precious buying powers away from them (even though we do a better job than they could), as well you know.
Mon 16/05/05 at 14:17
Regular
"Vodka Queen"
Cong_Man wrote:
> (And I'd have bought something better than Dell's...)

But but didnt you buy the Dell computers for my unit? Which i still dont have BTW!
Mon 16/05/05 at 13:55
Regular
"..."
Just think...if I worked for your company, I'd have been the guy who bought all those computers.

(And I'd have bought something better than Dell's...)
Mon 16/05/05 at 11:51
Regular
Although my job really isn't boring, I still spend hours on the internet, rather than working. They actually took my online access away because of it, a couple of weeks ago. That made me so furious, because I'm always one of the top performers and so I'm obviously doing something right and I rarely get recognition for any of it. Of course, the entire company heard about it. I spared no one. :P Mm..it was the shot heard around the world, for even the whole of Wales roared. Well, my Grix did anyways.

The following Monday, I was called into the big boss's office and I swear I was going to get waxed. But instead, I got a nice hefty raise..and my online access back. Yay!

Psh..I guess I'll stick around..
Mon 16/05/05 at 11:03
Regular
I have a job, it's just that because it's so boring, the majority of my day is spent on the Internet, rather than working.
The work required of me is easily done and dusted in about an hour or two.

Still want to leave though.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Excellent
Excellent communication, polite and courteous staff - I was dealt with professionally. 10/10
Top-notch internet service
Excellent internet service and customer service. Top-notch in replying to my comments.
Duncan

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.