GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Help me... its driving me insane. Cure for demotivation"

The "Freeola Customer Forum" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Fri 13/05/05 at 20:48
Regular
"Light of the world"
Ok..

Well, I understand I am only a meezly first year student. I am a creative writing and drama student (with some spanish)

.. I have done the exams and performances now I just have alot of work to do for portfolios hand in date 23rd may.

EVERY time i try do some work, be inspired or something I cannot seem to do it. Its like the pressure or motivation is gone. ITs driving me insane..

I have even come home to essex to be around parents who hopefully kick my butt to work!

PLEASE..

I do not drink coffee it just makes me have a headache after getting high as a kite. If you have any 'motivate your self and work like a beast' tips

Lil ginge needs you *sob* *sob*
Sat 21/05/05 at 14:41
Regular
"END OF AN ERA"
Bullett wrote:
> You never fail to be a complete moron, do you?

Oh my.
Sat 21/05/05 at 14:38
Regular
"Light of the world"
HALLELUJAH!!!

I found a cure!

Ok.!

One) It has to be a cool room and raining, my room is on top floor of halls with two sky lights so rain pitter patters on them and I love sound of rain :) Soothing! (- not to much to ask of course, GOD GIVE ME RAIINNN!!)

Two) Wake up, stay in Pjs, work just after breakfast remaining un showered, un changed.. un anythin

Yesh
Sat 21/05/05 at 08:13
Regular
"Chavez, just hush.."
Light wrote:
> Have you any other work to do? I always found that if I ran into a
> brick wall with one piece of work, I'd start on another. Eventually
> I'd be able to come back to the initial work.

And then like me you end up with about 5 different pieces of work started, but none finished.

Fun fun fun.
Fri 20/05/05 at 23:41
Regular
"Light of the world"
Light wrote:
> Have you any other work to do? I always found that if I ran into a
> brick wall with one piece of work, I'd start on another. Eventually
> I'd be able to come back to the initial work.

Ha ha!

I sooo do that as well, I start another, avoiding the other - then do another then another... then HOPEFULLY leaving the hardest thing till last I manage to get it all in
Tue 17/05/05 at 08:44
Regular
"Wanking Mong"
Have you any other work to do? I always found that if I ran into a brick wall with one piece of work, I'd start on another. Eventually I'd be able to come back to the initial work.
Tue 17/05/05 at 08:07
Regular
Padraic wrote:
> This topic was a public angst announcement.
> Please grow a pair and stop whining.
> Thankyou for your time!

You never fail to be a complete moron, do you?
Mon 16/05/05 at 21:31
Regular
"Light of the world"
You guys are awesome,

Thanks so much of that helped.

Being at home - also helped, bigger computer, different environment - Parents coming in and saying 'are you on msn as well as studying' and giving you the whole *tut tut tut tut* thing parents do!

Also, this different setting to uni gave me inspiration, especially on a gorgeous day it inspired me to start a piece about my childhood and another about an ancounter i had had with a fox!

you rock

keep you posted

ginge x
Sat 14/05/05 at 16:04
Regular
"Lisan al-Gaib"
Clazon wrote:
> That's actually completely true for me too, wierd. Maybe your mind
> opens up when you get tired, so it strays and wanders outside of the
> box.

I found when I was doing my dissertation, that I had writers block. The words just flowed out after a few cans of lager. Excellent marks too, before anyone else says anything.
Sat 14/05/05 at 16:00
Regular
"The Red Shift"
"The other time is just as I'm drifting off to sleep. This then
creates the question "should I get up and write it down, or
sleep and do it in the morning?" I always end up getting up and
writing it down. I don't trust myself to remember it by morning, and
I'm normally half asleep anyway.

I have to agree, I've done some of my best work at 2 in the morning... only without the tabs and coffee."

That's actually completely true for me too, wierd. Maybe your mind opens up when you get tired, so it strays and wanders outside of the box.
Sat 14/05/05 at 12:14
Regular
"Vote For Pedro"
I get the majority of my best ideas while on a long walk with music. Pretty much every time I arrive at my girlfriends house (a fifty minute walk away) I have to sit for a while writing down all the stuff that came to me on my journey.

The other time is just as I'm drifting off to sleep. This then creates the question "should I get up and write it down, or sleep and do it in the morning?" I always end up getting up and writing it down. I don't trust myself to remember it by morning, and I'm normally half asleep anyway.

I suggest a long walk with some headphones, followed by a nice nap. Don't forget to keep your phone or a notebook handy though.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Easy and free service!
I think it's fab that you provide an easy-to-follow service, and even better that it's free...!
Cerrie
Simple, yet effective...
This is perfect, so simple yet effective, couldnt believe that I could build a web site, have alrealdy recommended you to friends. Brilliant.
Con

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.