GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Gamespot Halo 2 Review....."

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

This thread has been linked to the game 'Halo 2'.
Mon 08/11/04 at 20:38
Regular
""
They gave it 9.6/10, but they said that the SP story was complete crap, and it has a really bad ending, which is a sort of down putter.
Thu 11/11/04 at 09:30
Regular
As long as you don't have to pay for every single DLC. They'd better chuck some free stuff in.
Thu 11/11/04 at 09:20
Regular
sPiKeCaSt wrote:
> If there is one thing Bungie won't forget, it's DLC. They have to
> provide it to keep the game alive and when its as hyped as Halo 2 is
> they are bound to do it soon enough.

There's no doubt that the game'll get a she load of downloads.

This is the biggest game on Xbox Live period. I expect Microsoft'll keep it supported with regular downloads until Xbox 2.
Thu 11/11/04 at 08:53
Regular
No :(

Timesplitters: Future Perfect will apparently have a map editor though. Just one reason why that game rocks so much.
Thu 11/11/04 at 08:47
"The Will of D."
Well if the game came with it's own map editor for either the xbox and PC, or PC version only then loads of fans will be making hundreds of pugins for whole new maps, and if they had a full game editor they could make new objects, or modify existing ones for new missions. But that hasn't happened though has it?
Thu 11/11/04 at 07:42
Regular
I hope they include the old Pistol and the new Rocket-Warthog as DLC.
Thu 11/11/04 at 07:38
Regular
"Touched!"
If there is one thing Bungie won't forget, it's DLC. They have to provide it to keep the game alive and when its as hyped as Halo 2 is they are bound to do it soon enough.
Wed 10/11/04 at 23:36
Regular
"8==="
11 maps'll do for starters (think Goldeneye).

I expect more in downloadable content though.
Wed 10/11/04 at 23:23
Regular
"gsybe you!"
No - Alastair and co have been saying that Halo 2 is over-hyped, which assuredly it is. However, when I mentioned B3, Alastair said that this had been hugely anticipated - which is true. However, I think we both agree that that really does not mean a game should get a very high score instantly - aas I said, by this logic, Halo must get high scores, simply because it's been anticipated. AS it is B3 was waaaaaaaaaaaaaaayyyyy over rated.

I wasn't comparing the games in anyway at all.....
Wed 10/11/04 at 22:49
"The Will of D."
Cyclone wrote:
> ÂLŠ†ÂÎR wrote:
> Plus in terms of racing games, Burnout 3 was big. It had been
> anticipated long before release.
>
> Yes, still doesn't mean it deserved 9.5! By that logic, Halo 2 DOES
> deserve 9.8 from IGN!

Why bother trying to compare 2 different games that are from completely separate genres? Burnout 3 probably deserves that amount as it's a great racing game, the same going for Halo as it deserved to be a great First person shooter.
Wed 10/11/04 at 21:27
Regular
"gsybe you!"
ÂLŠ†ÂÎR wrote:
> Freedom Fighters scored 9.3 on Gamespot, Halo 2 got 9.4. Not that the
> score matters, it is the content of the review and what their opinion
> was rather than the overall score.

I apologise, I was mistaken - although to be honest, in terms of size/style/anticipation/etc, Halo 2 > FF, although I love FF to bits. And the score is effectively the summary of opinion - what else?

>
> Plus in terms of racing games, Burnout 3 was big. It had been
> anticipated long before release.

Yes, still doesn't mean it deserved 9.5! By that logic, Halo 2 DOES deserve 9.8 from IGN!

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Impressive control panel
I have to say that I'm impressed with the features available having logged on... Loads of info - excellent.
Phil
Everybody thinks I am an IT genius...
Nothing but admiration. I have been complimented on the church site that I manage through you and everybody thinks I am an IT genius. Your support is unquestionably outstanding.
Brian

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.