GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"History Today"

The "Freeola Customer Forum" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Tue 26/04/05 at 08:40
Regular
"Wanking Mong"
[URL]http://fascinatinghistory.blogspot.com/2005/04/tiberius.html[/URL]

I'm biased being as how she's put one of my essays up, but this is a dashed fine blog for anyone with an interest in history.
Wed 04/05/05 at 17:17
Regular
"8==="
I was hopeing for some Newman and Baddiel.
Wed 04/05/05 at 00:22
Regular
"relocated"
That was an interesting read. My brother did classics at uni but I haven't read much classical except for Herodotus - and a few other Greek sources that touch on my favourite brand of history, African. Don't think I'd dare write an essay without 400 footnotes though. The sort of crap I have to write (on East Asia mind) is on this site: [URL]http://www.kernel.dsl.pipex.com/eastasia.htm[/URL] Mine are the totally amazing ones. I'm trying to promote inter-uni plagiarism: Sheepy, you should join in.
Fri 29/04/05 at 10:01
Regular
"Excommunicated"
I would write my Uni essays like it but those old historian boys might have a heart attack.

" This Pope was a right gobshite... "
Thu 28/04/05 at 14:44
Regular
Hehe.

I thought her reply was interesting, how she liked it because it was "real" rather than stating the facts. An opinionated twist on it all.
It does make it kind of confusing because you can't be sure where the facts and opinions merge, but it makes the facts worth knowing...

Before if someone had listed the facts (the way historians do) then I reckon I'd've fallen asleep. Now you have a reason to be interested...
More people should write these sorts of takes on history. :-)
Wed 27/04/05 at 18:33
Regular
That was quite entertaining, Light. "How d'you like THEM apples, mofo?" was really my favourite line.
Wed 27/04/05 at 13:13
Regular
"Excommunicated"
" That said, his paranoia was still ever present; a fisherman surprised him on Caprii with a huge fish that he had caught and wanted to present to the Emperor. Tiberius had him beaten with it (inspiration for Monty Python's 'Fish Dance'?), jabbed and poked with crab claws, then threw him off a cliff. All in all, he was not a man to get on the wrong side of. "

Ahhhhh, that was him.
Also, the fish had hard scales and he striped off all the fisherman's skin with it and threw salt water all over him. I feel more sorry for him though.

Ironically, reading this has distracted me from my own history work.
Tue 26/04/05 at 22:16
Regular
Excellent.
Tue 26/04/05 at 22:07
Regular
"twothousandandtits"
"I have here your book, History of the Crimeon War. Oh poo, poo, it smells of poo!"

"That's because it's been in your Mum's bra"
Tue 26/04/05 at 11:16
Regular
Heh, Roman history kicks ass.

I guess you get to go back far enough that only the interesting bits have survived.
Tue 26/04/05 at 08:40
Regular
"Wanking Mong"
[URL]http://fascinatinghistory.blogspot.com/2005/04/tiberius.html[/URL]

I'm biased being as how she's put one of my essays up, but this is a dashed fine blog for anyone with an interest in history.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

10/10
Over the years I've become very jaded after many bad experiences with customer services, you have bucked the trend. Polite and efficient from the Freeola team, well done to all involved.
I've been with Freeola for 14 years...
I've been with Freeola for 14 years now, and in that time you have proven time and time again to be a top-ranking internet service provider and unbeatable hosting service. Thank you.
Anthony

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.