GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Uni decisions"

The "Freeola Customer Forum" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Mon 25/04/05 at 21:08
Regular
"thursdayton!"
I've just chosen a University for next year, as usual this was left to the last minute (I think the deadline is Thursday or something, but I've been putting it off for months now).

Sitting looking at my choices I had the sinking feeling none of them really appealed. I could ditch them all and start again but this would just require too much work, and cause too much fuss. The kind of stubborness which would keep me walking if I was lost, instead of asking for directions.

I feel kinda depressed now. I *hate* making big decisions, and I just sat there thinking "y'know, this will probably effect the rest of your life". And I chose it in three minutes just to get it over with.

I am looking forward to Uni, don't get me wrong. New people, new place, not getting up to go the same School/Sixth Form I've been going to for the last seven years now. But I've always hated change. Maybe there's something wrong with me but as much as I despise where I live and my dull routine, I'm used to it. Seeing people I've known all my life everyday. It has a sort of cosiness to it. Something I don't know I'll find at Uni.

Saying that after a fortnight there I'll probably feel like I've been there forever.

This probably should have gone in my diary with my other teenage angstyness :S Oh well. Uni people please feel free to post how spiffing life is there.
Mon 25/04/05 at 21:08
Regular
"thursdayton!"
I've just chosen a University for next year, as usual this was left to the last minute (I think the deadline is Thursday or something, but I've been putting it off for months now).

Sitting looking at my choices I had the sinking feeling none of them really appealed. I could ditch them all and start again but this would just require too much work, and cause too much fuss. The kind of stubborness which would keep me walking if I was lost, instead of asking for directions.

I feel kinda depressed now. I *hate* making big decisions, and I just sat there thinking "y'know, this will probably effect the rest of your life". And I chose it in three minutes just to get it over with.

I am looking forward to Uni, don't get me wrong. New people, new place, not getting up to go the same School/Sixth Form I've been going to for the last seven years now. But I've always hated change. Maybe there's something wrong with me but as much as I despise where I live and my dull routine, I'm used to it. Seeing people I've known all my life everyday. It has a sort of cosiness to it. Something I don't know I'll find at Uni.

Saying that after a fortnight there I'll probably feel like I've been there forever.

This probably should have gone in my diary with my other teenage angstyness :S Oh well. Uni people please feel free to post how spiffing life is there.
Mon 25/04/05 at 21:11
Regular
I'm (hopefully) going to Uni in September.

You shouldn't get depressed about leaving the ol' school/college routine, just see Uni as a 'fresh start'.

Remember - Most of your friends from college will be moving on as well as you, why stay behind and look in the past?

etc etc.
Mon 25/04/05 at 21:17
Regular
"Sal Paradise"
What Uni did you decide on?

This is a good chance to get used to change my man, because you're gonna have to do it a lot in your life.
You will find at the time that it's not half as hard as you think it will be (if you find it hard letting things go), and you should realise after a bit that the change is probably the best thing for you, because it helps you develope as a person etc, and get you prepared for "the real world" oooo.
Mon 25/04/05 at 21:47
Regular
"the burning sky"
In some way's i'm really glad to be moving on from my school. Having been there for the last 7 years (GCSE and Alevel) i've built up the reputation of somewhat of a swot, probably cus i find most of the work easy. Even so, its a hard reputation to thro' off, especially when it comes to dating women in the same sixth form. So i'll finally be able to get rid of all these preconceptions and start afresh in a new city with mostly new people.

Might as well put my Uni decisions down. Only made them the other day:
Firm : York : Maths and Computer Science
Insurance : Manchester : Artificial Intelligence
Mon 25/04/05 at 23:28
Regular
"thursdayton!"
Thanks for the comments guys.

Heh. After writing that, and sending off the UCAS *final* decision thing online I've now totally changed my mind. I'm going to have to ring them grovelling first thing tomorrow >_<
Mon 25/04/05 at 23:38
Regular
"SOUP!"
I'm off to Central Lancs, I'll sleep with you if you go there.
Mon 25/04/05 at 23:49
Regular
"thursdayton!"
Well that's one way of paying the tuition fees.
Tue 26/04/05 at 01:17
Regular
"The mighty GE90-115"
Tomm wrote:
>
> Firm : York : Maths and Computer Science
> Insurance : Manchester : Artificial Intelligence

Im at York myself, as is another poster from these forums... I highly recommend it, the "lack of night life" as assumed in various publications is rubbish, ok you won't get the metropolitan night out that manchester can offer but York Uni has a campus lifestyle that means you never feel like a small fish in a big pond... ALL the clubs in town offer student nights out that cater especially for York Uni students.

The weekly on campus events organised by students are awesome, the beer prices even more awesome... The degree has weight behind it as this Uni is generally considered to be one of the best in the country, especially for your course...

Dammit, all this advertising and Im still gonna get failed for my exams on wednsnesday and Thursday :-( Maybe
Tue 26/04/05 at 02:01
Regular
"gsybe you!"
York ignored me.

I got AAA

Screw them.
Tue 26/04/05 at 09:49
Regular
"thursdayton!"
York ignored me too, bast's. Not that I'll get AAA but still.

Phoned UCAS earlier, all changed very easily to the choice I wanted. Seems strange to think the next three years of my life are definately going to be at Hertfordshire University - I chose the Humanities course as it's very open and allows me to do bits and bobs of anything.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

The coolest ISP ever!
In my opinion, the ISP is the best I have ever used. They guarantee 'first time connection - everytime', which they have never let me down on.
Best Provider
The best provider I know of, never a problem, recommend highly
Paul

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.