GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"[GAME] FIFA 10 – Xbox 360"

The "Retro Game Reviews" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

This thread has been linked to the game 'FIFA 10'.
Mon 19/10/09 at 09:47
Regular
"THFC"
[GAME] FIFA 10 – Xbox 360

Anyone not living in a cave will know that
the new FIFA has been out for a few weeks now, and after playing it for a good amount of time i finally feel like i can give a full, honest review of the pros and cons that the game has to offer!

Let’s start with the obvious, the game looks great. It is clean, crisp and in HD i would only imagine it makes things even better! The majority of the players show a good resemblance to their real life counter parts and the stadiums looks lovely as well. The supports have been made to be more life-like and even the ref runs about the pitch much more realistic. Occasionally getting in the way to deflect the ball or jumping to avoid it. I know some of the players do not look that much like the real life person, but to spend that much time on everyone would be unrealistic, but all the kits i have seen so far look fantastic and like the real thing. It is always going to be hard with releasing a game that comes out every year, you have to make improvements or you will be heavily criticised about it. So EA did one of the main jobs, the graphics are better!

You can expect all the same modes as before, Manager Mode, Be a Pro, Online, Training. The Live Season update is back and that was a great addition last year. Annoyingly – last year you got one league free, this year you have to pay either 400MS points for one league, or 800MS points for every league. A slight annoyance as one league free seems fair, but i guess it is all about money! I have not got this yet so i am unable to comment on how it works, it was ok last year but i do not know if it has been improved.

To my knowledge there are no new modes, last year the introduction of the Be a Pro mode was massive and was a great mode to play. The modes like always have been tweaked but there is no new game style for you to play. A bit of a shame but then there is more than enough to keep you happy, and with more modes you would end of diluting the quality of the others, so it is not an issue for me that they have kept the modes from the previous year.

The layout of the game is the same as before, the always fun arena to play around in while games load, and the easy to navigate menus to get you where you want. All simple stuff but that is how it should be kept. So everything so far gets my approval, but what about the actual game......

For me, it is the best FIFA so far. The games seem to run quicker, smoother and EA have my praises for all this. The strength of a player really makes a difference now, you can take a quick free kick, it seems much harder to score. All these little things keep building to it becoming more and more realistic. FIFA 10 is the closest thing for me that playing a real game of football could be, on your Xbox 360. The new passing style allows for you to easily mess up a pass, but as you get better you can string together beautiful passes and score some great goals. I think EA have done a great jobs in player detail, the teams play like you expect and it is still a job to take on one of the bigger clubs, the players are quicker, stronger, more clinical. This annoys some people because online everyone heads for Real Madrid, Chelsea, Man Utd etc, but it is like real life. Most teams will struggle to beat the bigger ones. Of course it is not impossible, but you will see if you are of the same skill level as an opponent, but they are using a better team, it will help them a lot!

For me it should be that way, so i am more than happy with all of that. When i think about it, there is not much i dislike. I get frustrated at this game more than any other when i lose, or play bad. But i think that is a good thing, the games are more realistic and like in real life, you want to win everything and sometime, things just don’t go your way.

My dislikes with the game are like i mentioned before, having to pay for Live Season, you should be given one league for free. It is a key feature the game has, updating players stats according to how they play in real life, but you have to spend an extra fiver if you want it! Annoys me but probably something i will spend my money on because it is a nice feature. Also you may recall the additional game that was added earlier this year for FIFA 09, where you build a team with player cards and make your ultimate team. This feature has been left out, probably to be released later in the year for everyone to buy and add some cash for EA. Little things like this annoy me but all that aside, the game is great. It looks and plays beautiful. It is the best football game i have ever played and being a massive football fan it makes this a great game for me and one of my all time favourites! So based on that, it has to be;

10/10
Fri 18/12/09 at 14:34
Regular
"How Ironic"
Not got this yet ;(
Fri 18/12/09 at 14:07
Regular
"And in last place.."
I had not bought a football game since Road To World Cup 98 but decided to get FIFA 10 this year and I'm really enjoying it. The Manager Mode surprised me as I was expecting a Football Manager style mode so wasn't expecting to control the players.

I can't stand it online though but that's simply because I'm clearly not as good as everyone else and my team gets ripped apart.
Fri 18/12/09 at 13:49
Regular
Your comments that you put forward are vary true. Just one question that i cant seem to get the answer to is how does the world XI team change? If you know i would be gratefull if you can let me know kind regards YIDO
Mon 19/10/09 at 09:47
Regular
"THFC"
[GAME] FIFA 10 – Xbox 360

Anyone not living in a cave will know that
the new FIFA has been out for a few weeks now, and after playing it for a good amount of time i finally feel like i can give a full, honest review of the pros and cons that the game has to offer!

Let’s start with the obvious, the game looks great. It is clean, crisp and in HD i would only imagine it makes things even better! The majority of the players show a good resemblance to their real life counter parts and the stadiums looks lovely as well. The supports have been made to be more life-like and even the ref runs about the pitch much more realistic. Occasionally getting in the way to deflect the ball or jumping to avoid it. I know some of the players do not look that much like the real life person, but to spend that much time on everyone would be unrealistic, but all the kits i have seen so far look fantastic and like the real thing. It is always going to be hard with releasing a game that comes out every year, you have to make improvements or you will be heavily criticised about it. So EA did one of the main jobs, the graphics are better!

You can expect all the same modes as before, Manager Mode, Be a Pro, Online, Training. The Live Season update is back and that was a great addition last year. Annoyingly – last year you got one league free, this year you have to pay either 400MS points for one league, or 800MS points for every league. A slight annoyance as one league free seems fair, but i guess it is all about money! I have not got this yet so i am unable to comment on how it works, it was ok last year but i do not know if it has been improved.

To my knowledge there are no new modes, last year the introduction of the Be a Pro mode was massive and was a great mode to play. The modes like always have been tweaked but there is no new game style for you to play. A bit of a shame but then there is more than enough to keep you happy, and with more modes you would end of diluting the quality of the others, so it is not an issue for me that they have kept the modes from the previous year.

The layout of the game is the same as before, the always fun arena to play around in while games load, and the easy to navigate menus to get you where you want. All simple stuff but that is how it should be kept. So everything so far gets my approval, but what about the actual game......

For me, it is the best FIFA so far. The games seem to run quicker, smoother and EA have my praises for all this. The strength of a player really makes a difference now, you can take a quick free kick, it seems much harder to score. All these little things keep building to it becoming more and more realistic. FIFA 10 is the closest thing for me that playing a real game of football could be, on your Xbox 360. The new passing style allows for you to easily mess up a pass, but as you get better you can string together beautiful passes and score some great goals. I think EA have done a great jobs in player detail, the teams play like you expect and it is still a job to take on one of the bigger clubs, the players are quicker, stronger, more clinical. This annoys some people because online everyone heads for Real Madrid, Chelsea, Man Utd etc, but it is like real life. Most teams will struggle to beat the bigger ones. Of course it is not impossible, but you will see if you are of the same skill level as an opponent, but they are using a better team, it will help them a lot!

For me it should be that way, so i am more than happy with all of that. When i think about it, there is not much i dislike. I get frustrated at this game more than any other when i lose, or play bad. But i think that is a good thing, the games are more realistic and like in real life, you want to win everything and sometime, things just don’t go your way.

My dislikes with the game are like i mentioned before, having to pay for Live Season, you should be given one league for free. It is a key feature the game has, updating players stats according to how they play in real life, but you have to spend an extra fiver if you want it! Annoys me but probably something i will spend my money on because it is a nice feature. Also you may recall the additional game that was added earlier this year for FIFA 09, where you build a team with player cards and make your ultimate team. This feature has been left out, probably to be released later in the year for everyone to buy and add some cash for EA. Little things like this annoy me but all that aside, the game is great. It looks and plays beautiful. It is the best football game i have ever played and being a massive football fan it makes this a great game for me and one of my all time favourites! So based on that, it has to be;

10/10

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Top-notch internet service
Excellent internet service and customer service. Top-notch in replying to my comments.
Duncan
Best Provider
The best provider I know of, never a problem, recommend highly
Paul

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.