GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"New connection speeds?"

The "Freeola Customer Forum" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Fri 16/10/09 at 19:01
Regular
"I like turtles"
My old Freeola connection was always pretty fast but became unstable at times and would constantly drop.After investigating the problem Freeola said that BT had checked my connection and said it was due to me having too many things connected to at at any one time.I thought this a bit wierd as it would also drop when nothing was connected to it ?.Anyway,I recently moved house and only moved around quarter of a mile so I am still connected to the same exchange and I have connected exactly the same equipment using the same cables,filters etc.Now my connection is rock solid (have tried everything to try and make it drop but it wont !),problem is it is now really slow.I used to average between 4 - 6.5 MB's on my old connection,now I'm struggling to get over 2 MB's.The new connection has only been live for a few days,maybe it will improve once it has settled ?,if it does not does anyone have any ideas why this should be the case.

Recent BT Speedtest Results :

Download speedachieved during the test was - 2076 Kbps

For your connection, the acceptable range of speeds is 600-7150 Kbps.

Additional Information:

Your DSL Connection Rate :2592 Kbps(DOWN-STREAM), 448 Kbps(UP-STREAM)

IP Profile for your line is - 6500 Kbps
Mon 23/11/09 at 15:27
Regular
the http://test.speedtester.bt.com/ never works for me and all ways BT pass the book saying
"'The system is currently busy. Please try again shortly, however if this problem persists, raise the issue with your service provider' "

freeola at lest try to sort things not play pass the parcel with you
Mon 23/11/09 at 14:02
Staff Moderator
"Freeola Ltd"
Clever. ;)

You know what I was saying. A very small percentage tend to compliment over complain. Our society, god bless it :D
Mon 23/11/09 at 13:54
"Are you sure?"
Warhunt wrote:
> I was saying it's nice to hear someone having a good experience
> with the service.

When you're in a hole, stop digging! ;¬)
[s]Hmmm...[/s]
Mon 23/11/09 at 13:49
Regular
"THFC"
Since i switched to Freeola, my internet has been much better. Faster and stable.

due to living out in the country and far away from an exchane i only get like 1Mb but it used to be more like 0.5 lol.

Plus i do not get kicked from Xbox anymore after everyone's help aswell! Plus it is cheaper than before
Mon 23/11/09 at 13:44
Staff Moderator
"Freeola Ltd"
I was saying it's nice to hear someone having a good experience with the service.

Still if it wasn't for bad experiences we wouldn't know what was good! Haha. (And of course wouldn't know what needs improving)
Mon 23/11/09 at 13:06
"Are you sure?"
Reading through this thread it appears pete_21's connection improved after he moved house!

I love my internet, but I would rather not have to move if faced with similar problems :¬P
[s]Hmmm...[/s]
Mon 23/11/09 at 12:15
Staff Moderator
"Freeola Ltd"
Aside from Hmmm.... comments (which are true obviously) I think it's nice to hear some positive feedback. Alas we live in a world where the trend is to complain rather than compliment so it's not uncommon.

Glad to hear it' going well.
Sat 21/11/09 at 09:48
"Are you sure?"
Glad to hear your connection is going well :¬)

Remember when you moved house 'lots' of things did change!

You may be connected to the same BT exchange and using the same router etc. but some of the most important bits of the connection are different.

The actual phone line between you and the exchange is different - this is the most important bit. One dodgy connection and you're stuffed. Even next door neighbours can have totally different line characteristics.

Then there's your home's internal wiring - unless both connections were plugged directly into the Master Socket with neither house having internal extensions, then again, things are different and there can be massive differences.
[s]Hmmm...[/s]
Sat 21/11/09 at 09:33
Regular
"I like turtles"
Thought I'd just post a update on this as any speed related posts on here recently seem have have been largely negative recently.Now my new connection has settled its seems really good TBH.Don't really understand why it constantly disconnected on my old connection (averaged 2 - 3 times a day) when it has not dropped once at my address in 6 weeks or so ?.Haven't changed any of equipment (even using the same cables).Anyway,not complaining and speed seems to have stabilised around the 5.5 Mbs mark and I'm well happy with that.
Sun 25/10/09 at 13:29
Regular
"I like turtles"
My new connection is still very stable,has not dropped even once,which is wierd when considering the reasons I was given for my ongoing problems on my old connection ?.

However speeds are still all over the place,fast sometimes,crap at others ? :S

My Recent Speedtest results :

10/25/2009 1:19 PM GMT 1.93 Mb/s 0.27 Mb/s 44 ms

10/24/2009 7:50 AM GMT 5.77 Mb/s 0.28 Mb/s 44 ms

10/23/2009 6:47 PM GMT 3.48 Mb/s 0.26 Mb/s 102 ms

10/21/2009 9:47 PM GMT 5.78 Mb/s 0.34 Mb/s 44 ms

Hoped it would have settled down a bit by now,oh well at least I don't have to reset my router twice a day anymore.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Continue this excellent work...
Brilliant! As usual the careful and intuitive production that Freeola puts into everything it sets out to do, I am delighted.
Impressive control panel
I have to say that I'm impressed with the features available having logged on... Loads of info - excellent.
Phil

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.