GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Barenaked ladies + Babylon Zoo"

The "Freeola Customer Forum" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Wed 30/03/05 at 14:02
Regular
"8==="
Just dug out an old single of their and every track is gold.

I remember their 1 hit wonder too.

Question is: is/are the album/albums any good?

Also is the Babylon Zoo album much cop?
Wed 30/03/05 at 21:28
Regular
"tall skinny latte"
The Boy with the X-Ray Eyes is excellent.
Wed 30/03/05 at 18:37
Regular
What other one hit wonders can we think of? To work, people.

Eagle Eye Cherry - Save Tonight
Wed 30/03/05 at 18:36
Regular
"cachoo"
Blue Man Group is that blue man on the advert.. isn't it?! The one which does that thing. Holeh, my brain's fried. What's it called? Where you pretend you're in a box touching the sides and stuff..

Edit: MIMING!
Wed 30/03/05 at 18:33
Regular
It was Effiel 65 that did Blue da ba dee. Katie just corrected me.
Wed 30/03/05 at 18:29
Regular
Actually, the same thing happens with me, and then I think of the Blue Man Group.
Wed 30/03/05 at 18:22
Regular
Thanks some strange memory you got there.
Wed 30/03/05 at 18:19
Regular
"cachoo"
Spaceman was excellent when it came out. But I still get confused with Blue. "Spaceman, I always wanted you to know, I'm a.. blue dabadeedabadoo, etcetc"
Wed 30/03/05 at 18:13
Regular
Ah, Spaceman. Bit of a legendary song. Not for the right reasons, though. It's one of those songs which you go "Wow, Spaceman! Remember that?" if it's played at a house party or something. You get bored of it about two minutes later and search for any Oasis CDs that may be lying about.
Wed 30/03/05 at 15:49
Regular
"you've got a beard"
mattributé wrote:
> And Babylon Zoo should just be idolised because of Spaceman.
>
> Forever.

.. except it was dirge.
the segments they put on the levi's ads would've worked nicely as a cheerful summer dance track and they'd have been ok, but they had to spoil it by jamming a nirvanas-coat-tails sniffer of a "song".

it didn't help that jas man was the most pretentios fool that ever lived.
Wed 30/03/05 at 14:33
Regular
"TheShiznit.co.uk"
God, that Babylon Zoo song was terrible, and I'm ashamed to say it was the first single I ever bought, on CD anyway. I, like many others, bought it on the strength of that Levis ad, assuming it was a Chemical Bros-lite dance remix type thing, then listened in horror as I found out it was a slow guitar dirge with some prancing ponce singing about how great he is. Brrr, awful.

"I think I will become a genius" - Lead singer Jas Mann, in a BrassEye interview (about 10 years ago)

Have you ever played an H?

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Very pleased
Very pleased with the help given by your staff. They explained technical details in an easy way and were patient when providing information to a non expert like me.
Brilliant service.
Love it, love it, love it!
Christopher

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.