GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Bluetooth/Infa-red help"

The "Freeola Customer Forum" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Sun 27/03/05 at 11:55
Regular
": ("
I want to transfer files from my Laptop to my Nokia 6320 (6230?) mobile. It used to work before I installed Windows Service Pack 2, I just put the infa-red on (on my phone) and put it beside the laptop and started transfering but it isn't doing anything when I do that now.

If I cant fix that can someone tell me how to send files via bluetooth cause my laptop and phone have bluetooth and my laptop has a bluetooth manager sofware but I don't know how to trasnfer the files.

Cheers.
Sun 27/03/05 at 11:55
Regular
": ("
I want to transfer files from my Laptop to my Nokia 6320 (6230?) mobile. It used to work before I installed Windows Service Pack 2, I just put the infa-red on (on my phone) and put it beside the laptop and started transfering but it isn't doing anything when I do that now.

If I cant fix that can someone tell me how to send files via bluetooth cause my laptop and phone have bluetooth and my laptop has a bluetooth manager sofware but I don't know how to trasnfer the files.

Cheers.
Sun 27/03/05 at 17:22
Regular
"NULL"
Download a program called FMA (fLoAt's Mobile Agent). It's a fantastic piece of software which lets you do loads of stuff with your phone via bluetooth.

To set up bluetooth first however, go to Control Panel > Bluetooth Devices > Add. On your phone, make sure Bluetooth is turned on, and your phone is set to visible. Then when you click Add on the computer, the computer should detect the phone. You have to follow the steps for the passkey to set it up.

Once it has been added (may take a couple of minutes to "install" your phone), click the icon of your phone on the computer (under Control Panel > Bluetooth Devices). Then click properties, and find the MAC address of your phone.

Download and install FMA, then open it up. Go to Tools > Options, then select "Native XP Bluetooth Support" (it's called something like that, not sure of exact wording) and enter the MAC address of your phone you just found, and leave the port on 0. Click OK, then File > Connect.

It should connect to your phone and you should be able to browse files, messages, phonebook, and backup loads of stuff - I keep a backup of my phonebook on my PC in case I lose my phone.

If you have any problems, load up Device Manager (right-click on My Computer > System Properties > [Hardware] > Device Manager), and make sure Windows is using the XP Bluetooth drivers.

Let us know how you get on and/or if you have any problems.
Wed 06/04/05 at 12:05

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Unrivalled services
Freeola has to be one of, if not the best, ISP around as the services they offer seem unrivalled.
Thank you very much for your help!
Top service for free - excellent - thank you very much for your help.

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.