GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Film downloads"

The "Freeola Customer Forum" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Sat 26/03/05 at 20:15
Regular
"NULL"
I'm looking for a LEGAL film download site. I know a few companies are doing rental by post on DVDs now, but there must be some doing films by download. It would be great at Uni with a nice fast internet connection. I'm happy to pay a couple of quid per film to download.

Any recommendations?
Sat 26/03/05 at 20:15
Regular
"NULL"
I'm looking for a LEGAL film download site. I know a few companies are doing rental by post on DVDs now, but there must be some doing films by download. It would be great at Uni with a nice fast internet connection. I'm happy to pay a couple of quid per film to download.

Any recommendations?
Sat 26/03/05 at 22:16
Regular
"Jog on, sunshine"
After a quick Google search:

[URL]http://cinemanow.com/home_int.aspx?[/URL]
Sat 26/03/05 at 22:42
Regular
"NULL"
I had googled and found that, but they don't have any big films on really. I was hoping for a personal recommendation from someone on here....
Sun 27/03/05 at 13:53
Regular
"Devil in disguise"
I don't think the service you're looking for exists yet. Theres a few like cinemanow offering older and low budget stuff but as far as I'm aware theres nothing that offers more mainstream movies.
Would be nice if I'm wrong though, as I'd also like such a service now (and not later).
Sun 27/03/05 at 17:16
Regular
"NULL"
I looked into the costs associated with it last night, and it looks as though it could be worth looking into. The big problem is bandwidth, but I'm sure there must be some way of doing P2P for it. Ya know, whilst you're downloading/watching it, you have to have a particular program opens, which works like BitTorrent and allows others to download from you....

There must be a way of doing it. Perhaps with some form of licensing whereby the static movie file never changes, but your license expires rendering the file useless. The license is locked to a particular PC - not a problem for film rentals where you only have it for 24 hours anyway.
Tue 29/03/05 at 11:51
Regular
"bing bang bong"
Nimco wrote:
> There must be a way of doing it. Perhaps with some form of licensing
> whereby the static movie file never changes, but your license expires
> rendering the file useless. The license is locked to a particular PC
> - not a problem for film rentals where you only have it for 24 hours
> anyway.

This won't really take off until hardware-level encryption/DRM becomes ubiquitous, which probably won't happen until the end of this decade at least. The problem with software licensing is that software can always be undermined.
Wed 30/03/05 at 11:04
Regular
Oops sorry posted in the wrong thread (Bad me)
Thu 31/03/05 at 18:11
Regular
"Devil in disguise"
[URL]http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/technology/4396481.stm[/URL]

I guess its closer than we thought.
Thu 31/03/05 at 18:13
Regular
"NULL"
Darn, I should have patented it!
Thu 31/03/05 at 21:15
Regular
"The mighty GE90-115"
Nimco - I managed to get Bitorrent working over the Firewall...

Http Tunnel (with £2.30 fee for the month) and "SOCKScap"...

Just need to catch a good torrent now...

Sadly Http tunnel does not yet support UDP, so no online gaming.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

First Class!
I feel that your service on this occasion was absolutely first class - a model of excellence. After this, I hope to stay with Freeola for a long time!
Just a quick note to say thanks for a very good service ... in fact excellent service..
I am very happy with your customer service and speed and quality of my broadband connection .. keep up the good work . and a good new year to all of you at freeola.
Matthew Bradley

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.