GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Gerry"

The "Freeola Customer Forum" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Wed 23/03/05 at 16:48
Regular
"Vote For Pedro"
Anyone seen this? It's directed by Gus Van Sant (Good Will Hunting, Elephant etc) and written by Casey Affleck and Matt Damon. It's the story of two friends, both named Gerry who set out on a hike to see "The Thing" and end up straying from the track and becoming lost in the open desert. The duo (Affleck and Damon) struggle to find their way back to civilisation without the aid of orienteering equipment and food/water.

Gerry is not your standard film. The only listed cast are the two Gerry's and they don't really speak to each other too much. It's made up of a series of beautifully framed shots, often just with the two friends walking accross stunning backdrops for minutes on end. To most people this would be extremely boring, but to the more patient viewer it's almost hypnotic.

[URL]http://imdb.com/title/tt0302674/[/URL]

I quite enjoyed it, although it's only got an average rating on the IMDB. It's a bit testing at times but it's worth it for some great scenes (Casey Affleck stuck on top of a large rock and with Damon trying to work out how to get him down) and a memorable ending that'll make you think (there's a few theories of its meaning which could all work out).

Check it out if it sounds like something you may be interested it. I'm sure lots of you are on internet rental sites, you might as well...
Wed 23/03/05 at 19:40
Regular
I also hate gravy. But I hate all sauces. Except vinegar - but does that even count as a sauce?
Wed 23/03/05 at 19:29
Regular
I don't like gravy.

Meat should have juices inside it, not in some sort of brown strange tasting blurg.

But I like Gus Van Sant so I'll watch this anywho.
Wed 23/03/05 at 19:25
Regular
Good science. Does't harm animals, see results first-hand....It's all gravy.
Wed 23/03/05 at 18:24
Regular
"Captain to you."
Stryke wrote:
> It was a trial, I assure you. Good job, I didn't think to report him.
> I shall now report you, to test the system. That'll learn yer for
> doing the right thing.

I shall report you so you can see what the system looks like from the other side :P
Wed 23/03/05 at 18:19
Regular
It was a trial, I assure you. Good job, I didn't think to report him. I shall now report you, to test the system. That'll learn yer for doing the right thing.
Wed 23/03/05 at 18:10
Regular
"Captain to you."
Quite impressed with the staffies, i reported that guy for about 3 post over the last hour and i assume a few others did and they got rid of him straight away.

It was also nice that no-one sunk to his level by giving him abuse back.

:)
Wed 23/03/05 at 18:08
Regular
That's better. My pact of ignoring them rather than insulting them is trying at times.
Wed 23/03/05 at 17:46
Regular
"jim-hat"
i'm going to have to ignore you if you're just going to mess up other people's threads mate. sorry
Wed 23/03/05 at 17:42
Regular
"Vote For Pedro"
It must be great to be you.
Wed 23/03/05 at 17:35
Regular
"jim-hat"
the animated series is better if you STFU

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

The coolest ISP ever!
In my opinion, the ISP is the best I have ever used. They guarantee 'first time connection - everytime', which they have never let me down on.
Top-notch internet service
Excellent internet service and customer service. Top-notch in replying to my comments.
Duncan

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.