GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Nintendo DS launch party celebs"

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Fri 19/11/04 at 21:02
Regular
As quoted from www.cube.europe.com:

Celebrities seem to pop up everywhere nowadays, so guess who was at the Nintendo DS launch party?

"Since we announced the Nintendo DS, celebrities have been determined to be the first to get their hands on it," says Reggie Fils-Aime, Nintendo of America's executive vice president of sales and marketing. "The Nintendo DS was a huge hit due to its revolutionary features – the dual screen; touch-screen; a built-in chat function; and wireless communication."

A lot of celebrities attended the event from a range of backgrounds. The near-complete list includes; Cris Judd, Mila Kunis, Drew Fuller, Jason London, Damian Lewis, Ethan Embry, David Gallagher, Marsha Thomason, Lake Bell, Jennifer Gimenez, Lochlyn Munro, William Lee Scott, John Hawkes, Nick Gonzales, Trent Ford, Alexis Arquette, Adam Garcia, Allison Munn, Megan Good, Rachel Miner, Melinda Williams, Ashley Peldon, Courtney Peldon, Cuba Gooding Jr., Jesse Metcalfe, Zach Braff, Orlando Jones, Taryn Manning, Anthony Keidis, Sarah Chalke, Rachel Hunter, J.C. Chasez, Donald Faison, Jerry Bruckheimer, Michael Vartan and The Killers.

This was certainly an impressive array of celebrities, who all seemed to enjoy the Nintendo DS, with pop-artist Pink stating "They look great! They are small enough to travel with and will help me pass away many hours when I'm on tour, especially on those long bus rides.".

Nintendo were certainly pleased with the event and have promised that they will be rolling out a huge advertising campaign. With any luck they won't be using what Donald Faison said as a tag line, "Yo, this is the dopest thing I've seen in my life."

Piccies are here: [URL]http://www.dailyceleb.com/production/index.php?view=event&eid=2695&startRow=0&event_type=parties[/URL]
Not bad really for a "kiddy" company eh?
Sun 21/11/04 at 12:14
Regular
"thursdayton!"
I know what they're doing, but my comment was to all those whining because they don't know any/some/all of the celebrities and that there's a pretty good list there so they should shush up their sass holes.
Sun 21/11/04 at 10:53
Regular
Tphi wrote:
> I can't see anywhere where Nintendo are shouting "We have famous
> people!"

They want the DS to sell like a new fresh device, like I-Pod remember... and seeing these cool celebrities weild one may drum up public demand.
Sat 20/11/04 at 20:45
Regular
cookie monster wrote:
> I wish i was as cool as Cuba.

He was in my "cool class"
He copied my answers and I got sent out for cheating.
Now look at me.
And look at him.
That bas.
Sat 20/11/04 at 20:43
Regular
Scope wrote:
> Allison Munn

Thieving bas stole my surname.

If you're going to steal it, you could at least be famous
Sat 20/11/04 at 20:00
Regular
"+34 Intellect"
I wish i was as cool as Cuba.
Sat 20/11/04 at 19:58
Regular
"\\"
Dringo wrote:
> Or Anthony Kledis of the Chilli Peppers... I'm sure you'll recognise
> them if you saw them.

Oh yes. I saw that and thought I recognised the name Couldn't remember where from but yes. I like RHCP :P
Sat 20/11/04 at 19:56
Regular
PsYİHo FoX 19 wrote:
> Sony are only in it for the money

A company? Interested in making money?

The end of the world is nigh.
Sat 20/11/04 at 18:26
Regular
"thursdayton!"
I can't see anywhere where Nintendo are shouting "We have famous people!"
Sat 20/11/04 at 17:14
Regular
Michael Vartan eh. Hrmm, he's from Alias. He's hardly very famous though...
Sat 20/11/04 at 12:38
Regular
"Fishing For Reddies"
Rickoss wrote:
> I've heard of exactly 0 of those people.

Hahahahahahahaha...

I know Cube Gooding Jr. He's a quality actor.

As for the rest: Hah!

Some of them weren't there for their status though. More as Eye Candy.

Stacy Keibler? Oh yeah, that super geeky Computer Analyst, who taught Stephen Hawking, and landed on the moon.

:\

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Thanks!
Thank you for dealing with this so promptly it's nice having a service provider that offers a good service, rare to find nowadays.
Best Provider
The best provider I know of, never a problem, recommend highly
Paul

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.