GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Beneath The Coral"

The "Creative Writing" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Sat 05/03/05 at 11:34
Regular
"WhaleOilBeefHooked"
I had to write this for an mock art exam with the title either as 'Underneath' or 'Above' or a mixture, it only had to be short piece so I thought I'd post it. Any comments are welcome:

Into the depths of the deepest, darkest and murkiest waters where no human has ever laid an eye upon is a secret world of bright colours, strange plant life and even stranger creatures. Concealed beneath thick weed and corals non-other than these creatures have ever grazed upon the ocean’s deepest floor.

The rocky bottom is the ideal environment for the uniquely adapted sea plants that prey on the smaller and weaker creatures that inhabit the depths. Spores of the coral gently float and dance in the very little light that manages to reach this world.

Not only have the plants adapted to this new environment, but also the creatures. They blend in with the partially eroded rocks that lay on the bottom of the dark silver sand. The weeds gently wrapping their ribbon like stems around the rock’s body. Their leaves slowly waving in the water, showing a gesture to the creatures that pass.

The creatures are not only camouflaged like rocks but they are also as tough as them, like a knight they wear their armour to protect themselves from the dangers that lurk beneath the coral and that lay under the sand, waiting for the ideal moment.

The stone like creatures are quite small and agile. They have leather like fins and a tail to match. Their eyes lay on top of their heads so they may lie in the shimmering sand as the water’s gentle force sweeps by.

Now not only do the spores of the coral dance up to the rare light, but now bubbles join the race as the creature begins to feast on the thick weed, releasing a little air from it’s mouth.

A shadow moves over the creature and its plant, the armoured knight retreats to its lair beneath the sand.
Sat 05/03/05 at 11:34
Regular
"WhaleOilBeefHooked"
I had to write this for an mock art exam with the title either as 'Underneath' or 'Above' or a mixture, it only had to be short piece so I thought I'd post it. Any comments are welcome:

Into the depths of the deepest, darkest and murkiest waters where no human has ever laid an eye upon is a secret world of bright colours, strange plant life and even stranger creatures. Concealed beneath thick weed and corals non-other than these creatures have ever grazed upon the ocean’s deepest floor.

The rocky bottom is the ideal environment for the uniquely adapted sea plants that prey on the smaller and weaker creatures that inhabit the depths. Spores of the coral gently float and dance in the very little light that manages to reach this world.

Not only have the plants adapted to this new environment, but also the creatures. They blend in with the partially eroded rocks that lay on the bottom of the dark silver sand. The weeds gently wrapping their ribbon like stems around the rock’s body. Their leaves slowly waving in the water, showing a gesture to the creatures that pass.

The creatures are not only camouflaged like rocks but they are also as tough as them, like a knight they wear their armour to protect themselves from the dangers that lurk beneath the coral and that lay under the sand, waiting for the ideal moment.

The stone like creatures are quite small and agile. They have leather like fins and a tail to match. Their eyes lay on top of their heads so they may lie in the shimmering sand as the water’s gentle force sweeps by.

Now not only do the spores of the coral dance up to the rare light, but now bubbles join the race as the creature begins to feast on the thick weed, releasing a little air from it’s mouth.

A shadow moves over the creature and its plant, the armoured knight retreats to its lair beneath the sand.
Sat 05/03/05 at 21:06
Regular
"Incomprehendible"
I enjoyed it.

But, on a sort of 'constructive criticism' note, I thought the beginning was stronger than the end.
Sat 05/03/05 at 22:26
Regular
"gsybe you!"
That was alright.

Except coral doesn't live very deep at all.
Sat 05/03/05 at 23:22
Regular
"Cosmic..."
And if it did, it wouldn't be colourful.
Sun 06/03/05 at 02:54
Regular
"Catch it!"
Very nice hey tom like the new name (Space Potato)!
Sun 06/03/05 at 10:57
Regular
"WhaleOilBeefHooked"
Shhs... it's a fantasy... :-/

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Wonderful...
... and so easy-to-use even for a technophobe like me. I had my website up in a couple of hours. Thank you.
Vivien
Second to none...
So far the services you provide are second to none. Keep up the good work.
Andy

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.