GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Memories (not for all you new kids)"

The "Freeola Customer Forum" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Wed 02/03/05 at 02:05
Regular
"tokyo police club"
Well, yes, I know - I am new to all you geeks who've been here for many millenia, but whatever.

The old Special Observe. How genius it is. Wonder at its brilliance

[URL]http://www.angelfire.com/jazz/specialobserve/enter2.html[/URL]

I'm loving
-my old pic (sailor, hurrah)
-froots' profile
-Azul's campness
-all the old names

It makes me remember just how crap the old days were.
Sat 05/03/05 at 18:08
Regular
"Monochromatic"
Grix Thraves wrote:
> Flock wrote:
>
> "Losing control would be down to a fear of what would happen if
> you did"
>
> Yesssss Floooccck, as I said, I was babbling. :) If I can find the
> effort/time I'll go through it properly on Life or something.

So was i, tired and stating the blindingly obvious.
Sat 05/03/05 at 12:11
Regular
Flock wrote:

"Losing control would be down to a fear of what would happen if you did"

Yesssss Floooccck, as I said, I was babbling. :) If I can find the effort/time I'll go through it properly on Life or something.
Sat 05/03/05 at 09:04
Regular
"cachoo"
Flock wrote:
> Fear generally is fine, it's when you can't deal with it that it
> becomes a problem, then you start directing it elsewhere or hiding it
> in yourself, people find odd ways to cope.

I thought that was what fear was all about. You're afraid of something = run! Run like hell. Unless you're all macho and stand up to it with a little whimper.
I can't deal with fear. Nu-uh. It comes, I run, it goes (for a little while). At least you teach yourself a lesson. You get bored with running away from fear, soon enough the "aah, beggar it" pops up and you're care free and able to face your fear. Ta-da! Well.. almost.
Sat 05/03/05 at 03:17
Regular
"Monochromatic"
Grix Thraves wrote:
> Mm, very true. I heartily believe in knowledge through experience, but
> of course, there will be many things I can't experience so easily,
> and for that there's the textbooks. And with information from
> textbooks, I can push myself down new paths.

I think experience helps to understand what you've read, it's not such a good idea as a base because it's based on your own biased view of your experiences.
What i have found is it's a lot easier to understand what people want to say or want you to say to them.

> All I can do is try to imagine it from every angle, find new ways of
> exploring anything. Can't hurt to try.

That would depend on which method you'd be using, some are quite mechanical and don't allow for any manouvering, it's very 1+2=3 but i'm not much a fan of that.

> But what if I'm more dangerous than I realise? There are some
> extremely dangerous parts of how my mind works... but they have to be
> this way so I can explore things as thoroughly as I can,
> systematically working every fear out of my body. The only one I
> can't remove so easily is the fear of losing control, which is a
> major one, and one I'm not eager to lose. Is it an underlying
> princible, or is it just me? Death is loss of control, loss of
> family, illness, it can even be traced down to spiders, birds,
> buttons, commitment, even if a lot of it is association. It's late,
> I'm babbling, and I need to write this all out properly anyway. Bleh

Fear of unusual things is usually down to a linked association, the two things would come as a pair and you direct your bigger fear onto the smaller one but from what i've read its not at all easy to see in people, the links can be really obscure.
Fear generally is fine, it's when you can't deal with it that it becomes a problem, then you start directing it elsewhere or hiding it in yourself, people find odd ways to cope.
Losing control would be down to a fear of what would happen if you did, you'd have to think about what that is and then the psychologist would firstly try to get you past that anxiety by making sure you understand it, if they couldn't do that or it didn't work they would try to train a better response.
Everything seem to work backwards, you have the problem and you keep tracking back through stages.
Sat 05/03/05 at 02:47
Regular
"Catch it!"
kim jong-il wrote:
> I hope you die a million slow, barbaric and truly painful deaths,
> crossbob.
>
> Numerous times over x10^47

:(
Sat 05/03/05 at 02:44
Regular
Mm, very true. I heartily believe in knowledge through experience, but of course, there will be many things I can't experience so easily, and for that there's the textbooks. And with information from textbooks, I can push myself down new paths.

All I can do is try to imagine it from every angle, find new ways of exploring anything. Can't hurt to try.

But what if I'm more dangerous than I realise? There are some extremely dangerous parts of how my mind works... but they have to be this way so I can explore things as thoroughly as I can, systematically working every fear out of my body. The only one I can't remove so easily is the fear of losing control, which is a major one, and one I'm not eager to lose. Is it an underlying princible, or is it just me? Death is loss of control, loss of family, illness, it can even be traced down to spiders, birds, buttons, commitment, even if a lot of it is association. It's late, I'm babbling, and I need to write this all out properly anyway. Bleh
Sat 05/03/05 at 02:30
Regular
"herro"
I hope you die a million slow, barbaric and truly painful deaths, crossbob.

Numerous times over x10^47
Sat 05/03/05 at 02:28
Regular
"Catch it!"
ok!
Sat 05/03/05 at 02:14
Regular
"Monochromatic"
Grix Thraves wrote:
> Hopefully not. Famous lady psychologist has exactly what I have... and
> I'm kinda lucky anyway, I get to be -screw-ed up and can still come
> back from it. Journey deep downwards and all over the place, and
> simply come out with experience. I still occasionally lose myself
> completely, but it passes.
>
> If I'm any danger to patients, it's not something I can see or
> believe, so naturally I can't hide it. But we'll see. If the fuss is
> over fear of something that isn't understood, I'm very happy to fight
> it full force.

I think the idea is more that you could try and analyse youself and not like what you find or be biased because you couldn't look at it from neutral perspective. The problem then is if you're biased against an idea or way of teaching it doesn't help the patient.
Sat 05/03/05 at 00:35
Regular
Hopefully not. Famous lady psychologist has exactly what I have... and I'm kinda lucky anyway, I get to be -screw-ed up and can still come back from it. Journey deep downwards and all over the place, and simply come out with experience. I still occasionally lose myself completely, but it passes.

If I'm any danger to patients, it's not something I can see or believe, so naturally I can't hide it. But we'll see. If the fuss is over fear of something that isn't understood, I'm very happy to fight it full force.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Easy and free service!
I think it's fab that you provide an easy-to-follow service, and even better that it's free...!
Cerrie
Excellent support service!
I have always found the support staff to provide an excellent service on every occasion I've called.
Ben

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.