GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Quick CD player/walkman help, please"

The "Freeola Customer Forum" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Mon 28/02/05 at 19:33
Regular
"Long time no see!"
Hi. Just a quick, hopefully very simple to answer, question on portable CD players; "walkmans", as some like to say.

If you see a player that displays compatability with CD-R/RWs, does this not neccesarily mean it is also able to play MP3s without other notification - even MP3s on a CD-R/RW?

I only ask because I'm after a new CD player with my trusty old SONY one having recently died on me (not that it had any of these extra features either... - damn SONY!). I don't really want to spend too much, you see. And I've noticed ones displaying "MP3" cost a considerable lump more than those with only CD-R/RW reading functions.

Any reccomendations would also be grateful, but I'm not too fussed really.

Thank you, once again. :)
Mon 28/02/05 at 19:57
Regular
Just download a few songs and stick them on a cd and voila you have some mp3s.
Mon 28/02/05 at 19:46
Regular
"Chavez, just hush.."
Chr1s wrote:
> As far as I know, once an mp3 is on a CD it should work with all
> fairly new CD players. Mine is a couple of years old and CD/RW's with
> mp3's on them work on it.

Depends how you do it. If you burn an MP3 to an audio CD then it will convert the file and you can only have 70mins worth, or you can put the songs on the CD like you would with files and have 700meg worth.
Mon 28/02/05 at 19:43
Regular
"The definitive tag"
As far as I know, once an mp3 is on a CD it should work with all fairly new CD players. Mine is a couple of years old and CD/RW's with mp3's on them work on it.
Mon 28/02/05 at 19:36
Regular
"walkmans", as some like to say.
Mon 28/02/05 at 19:35
Regular
"aka memo aaka gayby"
all it means is that it can read recordable CDs.
If it doesn't support MP3 decoding, it doesn't play MP3s.
Mon 28/02/05 at 19:33
Regular
"Long time no see!"
Hi. Just a quick, hopefully very simple to answer, question on portable CD players; "walkmans", as some like to say.

If you see a player that displays compatability with CD-R/RWs, does this not neccesarily mean it is also able to play MP3s without other notification - even MP3s on a CD-R/RW?

I only ask because I'm after a new CD player with my trusty old SONY one having recently died on me (not that it had any of these extra features either... - damn SONY!). I don't really want to spend too much, you see. And I've noticed ones displaying "MP3" cost a considerable lump more than those with only CD-R/RW reading functions.

Any reccomendations would also be grateful, but I'm not too fussed really.

Thank you, once again. :)

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Simple, yet effective...
This is perfect, so simple yet effective, couldnt believe that I could build a web site, have alrealdy recommended you to friends. Brilliant.
Con
Second to none...
So far the services you provide are second to none. Keep up the good work.
Andy

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.