GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Optimum Experince Web Site"

The "Freeola Customer Forum" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Mon 28/02/05 at 17:29
Regular
"You have a choice"
[URL]www.optimumexperience.co.uk[/URL] to check out Optimum Experience's home page! Optimum Experience is a new business I and some others created that are working on Creating our own computer games! Please, check it out and tell us what you think!
Fri 04/03/05 at 00:27
Regular
"NULL"
One of the other posts flying around at the moment has a reference to how to use divs with CSS instead of frames. One of Tyla's no doubt ;)

I'm keeping a close eye on all CSS threads at the minute.
Thu 03/03/05 at 23:19
Regular
"Bicycle"
Lukeman wrote:
> You know, I am only 15 years old.

Umm... So are most of the people on this forum.

Also, give up frames, and learn CSS.
Thu 03/03/05 at 21:34
Regular
"NULL"
I've just seen this suggested in one of your other posts, but I'll suggest it anyway.

Your best bet is to go to W3Schools: [URL]http://www.w3schools.com[/URL]

The tutorials there (FREE) will give you a lot of good background knowledge.

You might also like to look at OSWD: [URL]http://www.oswd.org[/URL]

I think that link above works - if not, post back and I'll go find it somewhere. Have a look round there for ideas.
Thu 03/03/05 at 19:38
Regular
"You have a choice"
You know, I am only 15 years old. This is my 1st attempt at summat serious. I don't mind constructive criticsm, it helps of course. Its when people start saying things like "If thats the best you can come up, I'd like to see this survive as a business" that gets me. I mean, don't you have anything better to do than to come onto forums and pretty much post that someone elses efforts are pathetic?! If you didn't like the site, fine. If you have something useful to say fine. But just consider the people who are READING the posts next time you want to put something pointlessly nasty on them. Thanks for all the help, the ones who gave it. Maybe next time I post something like this the site will be alot more impressive.
Tue 01/03/05 at 17:14
Regular
"Devil in disguise"
Tyla wrote:
> Christ, is it that "time of the month" or something round
> here?
>

No its just....
If your gonna post on the interweb in a public forum with little moderation, then you've accepted the fact that people will be constructive/destructive/sarcastic/bitter/flamed etc about what you've posted.
So this is all perfectly normal. :)

> Retreats to dark corner until dust settles.

Well...if you cant take the criticism, running away is an option I suppose. :-)

Seriously, I think you're meant to know better than to engage in the mindless point scoring and putting people down.
Tue 01/03/05 at 16:50
Regular
"l33t cs50r"
FWIW, this so called "Professional" is fully capable of taking critisism from anyone, it's just more valid if it's coming from a knowledgeable source or with justification other than "it's pants".

This "so called professional" also understands the concept of sarcasm, which tends to pass people buy around here...

Christ, is it that "time of the month" or something round here?

Retreats to dark corner until dust settles.
Tue 01/03/05 at 16:26
Regular
Woah woah woah I think people are taking things out of hand here.

The guy asked us to provide thoughts on his website.

He might be only just starting out, he might be not, that isn't the point in this case, he wanted opinions, he got them.

End of story.
Tue 01/03/05 at 16:14
Regular
"Devil in disguise"
unknown kernel wrote:
> I can't help thinking that this sort of
> stuff is a bit pathetic: people have to start somewhere, why not just
> let them get on with it?

The only way for some people to feel like they're somebody is for them to put others down and make themselves feel superior. Its a trait that even the so called "professionals" have. :)
Tue 01/03/05 at 15:31
Regular
"relocated"
Tyla wrote:
> Christ, some people here takes things way too seiously for their own
> good. Get over it!

I could say the same thing about people going apoplectic over some kid's first website...
Tue 01/03/05 at 15:15
Regular
"+34 Intellect"
You can make better looking sites with geocities pagebuilder.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Simple, yet effective...
This is perfect, so simple yet effective, couldnt believe that I could build a web site, have alrealdy recommended you to friends. Brilliant.
Con
LOVE it....
You have made it so easy to build & host a website!!!
Gemma

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.