GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"So I've connected to my wireless network"

The "Freeola Customer Forum" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Mon 28/02/05 at 11:02
Regular
"Excommunicated"
However, I can't access the internet?

WHYWHWYWHWHWYWHWYHWY?
I have a Norton Firewall, I tried to enable my laptop but it isn't happening.
Please help before I kill myself.
Tue 01/03/05 at 21:34
Regular
"Excommunicated"
Turns out my laptop is crappy so I'm taking it back.
Watch this space in a few more weeks.
Tue 01/03/05 at 21:26
Regular
"bing bang bong"
It sounds like you're letting the problem crush you. If you can give us the network settings of the machine that does work and the network settings of the machine that doesn't work, we will be able to determine what is wrong and direct you in logical steps to diagnose and solve the problem.

If you prefer MSN you can add me: [email protected], although I'm only on in the evenings (and not always then).
Tue 01/03/05 at 19:39
Regular
"Excommunicated"
I've given up tonight, I did that but couldn't be bothered writing it all down off laptop - maybe tomorrow.

My wireless network is fine I just need to establish an Internet Gateway... I think. There's so many things, I cry.
Tue 01/03/05 at 17:30
Regular
"bing bang bong"
Miserableman wrote:
> Out of interest, on your laptop do Start->Run->cmd, then
> "ipconfig /all" and type out what you see so that we can
> see it. Do the same on another computer on your network that can
> actually connect to the internet. If there's a problem with your
> network settings outside of your wireless encryption we should be
> able to tell.

Please do this.
Tue 01/03/05 at 16:59
Regular
"Excommunicated"
Hmmm never worked
Tue 01/03/05 at 00:12
Regular
"relocated"
What happens if you open a command prompt (Start->Accessories->Command Prompt, in Windows XP at least) and type: ping www.google.com

It could be your DNS servers aren't configured. I remember having to manually specify these when I had a wireless network, even though the router had it set. To do that you need to go the Properties of your connection, click on Internet Protocol (TCP/IP) and click Properties, then select 'Use the following DNS address' and enter the DNS address - you could get this from your ISP's setup pages or possibly one of the PCs that you have working.

Oh yes, I'm very keen to beat you at World of Warcraft.
Mon 28/02/05 at 22:58
Regular
"Excommunicated"
Hmmm

It says I've connected to the internet then it stops.
No idea what to do now.
Mon 28/02/05 at 21:50
Regular
"Excommunicated"
I got on that site.

Put in the WEP key and I think it's worked as it now sends and receives.
Internet net isnt working but I'll try establishing it again.
Mon 28/02/05 at 20:34
Regular
"relocated"
SHEEPY wrote:
> Ah right, figured that out.
> It's bloody username/password protected. This is all my dad's fault,
> he won't remember that.
> Idiot

Or he might not have changed it at all. The default passwords to get onto the admin pages for routers are probably floating round the internet. My netgear one is user: 'admin' password: 'password'.
Mon 28/02/05 at 15:00
Miserableman wrote:

> "ipconfig /all"

A magic command, that. Goes under my "Hall of Fame of Commands"

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

First Class!
I feel that your service on this occasion was absolutely first class - a model of excellence. After this, I hope to stay with Freeola for a long time!
Very pleased
Very pleased with the help given by your staff. They explained technical details in an easy way and were patient when providing information to a non expert like me.

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.