GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Bloc Party"

The "Freeola Customer Forum" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Thu 24/02/05 at 18:46
Regular
"tokyo police club"
Dirty theiving commies.

I'd written them off. After 1 listen of the album, I saw them as a band who made crap album tracks and amazing singles. I mean, the album was dreary rubbish. In the words of Helicopter - '6/10, better look next time'

Now, 2 weeks or so later (yes, I downloaded it) And I'm lving it. EVery inspired second, every little lyric, every minute detail. SO here we are is the standout track, but all the rest are brilliant. Nothing i can quite compare it to, but it is brilliance. Anyone who cares about music should have this album. It WILL go down as an all-time classic.

I still think it's a crime that 'little thoughts' isn't on the album.
Thu 24/02/05 at 22:50
Regular
"tokyo police club"
The Futureheads were genius from the get go.

'Party just need a bit getting into. On that first listen, you tend to try and listen to and analyse every song, meaning some of the more downbeat ones don't seem good. By the 4th listen, it's all good.
Thu 24/02/05 at 22:28
Regular
Oh yes, join the gathering :)
Thu 24/02/05 at 22:21
Regular
That was like me with the Futureheads, I hated them at first, but after a while it kind of sunk in.

Listen to "Positive Tension" by BP, t'is a quality song.
Thu 24/02/05 at 21:53
Regular
[URL]http://ukchatforums.reserve.co.uk/display_messages.php?threadid=117025&forumid=301[/URL]
Thu 24/02/05 at 21:39
Regular
Goatboy wrote:
>
>
> Why the sudden change?

It grows on you that's why. At first he seems to have a really weird voice and your not sure if you should like it. Then you realise how funkadelic it really is and you fall in love.
Thu 24/02/05 at 20:26
Regular
"aka memo aaka gayby"
Well I thought the single I heard was dire, so I won't bother listening to their album. Not that I ever intended to anyway.
Thu 24/02/05 at 20:20
Regular
"Infantalised Forums"
mattributé wrote:
> I'd written them off. After 1 listen of the album, I saw them as a
> band who made crap album tracks and amazing singles. I mean, the
> album was dreary rubbish. In the words of Helicopter - '6/10, better
> look next time'
>
> Now, 2 weeks or so later (yes, I downloaded it) And I'm lving it.
---------

Why the sudden change?
Thu 24/02/05 at 20:19
Regular
"tokyo police club"
Was only out a fortnight or so ago, as you now know.

It's taken them an age to get to the album, but, my god, it was worth it.
Thu 24/02/05 at 20:15
Regular
"Excommunicated"
I remember hearing it months ago but could never see their album anywhere.
Thu 24/02/05 at 19:10
Regular
"tokyo police club"
Little Thoughts was my favourite BP song, but 'so here' has overtaken it.

Banquet got me into them, all the way back in March last year.

Memories...

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Continue this excellent work...
Brilliant! As usual the careful and intuitive production that Freeola puts into everything it sets out to do, I am delighted.
Very pleased
Very pleased with the help given by your staff. They explained technical details in an easy way and were patient when providing information to a non expert like me.

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.