GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"YH QotD - CCTV"

The "Freeola Customer Forum" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Wed 23/02/05 at 15:02
Regular
Does your town centre have CCTV?

Does it make you feel any safer?

Discuss.
Thu 24/02/05 at 16:38
"period drama"
I'm sure it does. But I neither know nor care.
It doesn't make me feel safer - but if some moron attacked / mugged me, I'd be pretty pleased that it was there.
Thu 24/02/05 at 16:36
Regular
Strafio wrote:
> I've played too much Goldeneye... I just feel the urge to shoot them
> before they spot me! :-S
>
>
> There's probably some incriminating CCTV footage of me at Debenhams.
> The other day I was shopping in there and picked up some socks for my
> brother. I then went looking for trousers, and being seriously picky
> about what I was looking for, I didn't find ANYTHING I wanted! :-)
>
> So I tried at Next.
> A pair a Next looked like it had potential so I went to pick it up,
> only to find that I still had the socks from Debenhams in my hand.
> I'd walked out of the store, holding socks in full view that I hadn't
> paid for.
> Ofcourse, there'll be CCTV footage of me walking back in about 10
> minutes later to pay for them... :-D

You joker, how can you shop at debenems and next.
Thu 24/02/05 at 07:29
Regular
"cachoo"
Never noticed CCTV in my town..
The police hang around a lot though, which is more comforting.
The town has gone downhill since it got taken over by Burberry wearing scumbags. :-( They just.. appeared, out of nowhere!
Wed 23/02/05 at 18:03
Regular
I've played too much Goldeneye... I just feel the urge to shoot them before they spot me! :-S

There's probably some incriminating CCTV footage of me at Debenhams.
The other day I was shopping in there and picked up some socks for my brother. I then went looking for trousers, and being seriously picky about what I was looking for, I didn't find ANYTHING I wanted! :-)

So I tried at Next.
A pair a Next looked like it had potential so I went to pick it up, only to find that I still had the socks from Debenhams in my hand. I'd walked out of the store, holding socks in full view that I hadn't paid for.
Ofcourse, there'll be CCTV footage of me walking back in about 10 minutes later to pay for them... :-D
Wed 23/02/05 at 17:05
Regular
"Slice n Dice baby"
I live in London and you cant go ANYWHERE without being on a CCTV camera. They can literally watch you from one end of town to the other. Its useful for catching shop lifters, since they just stroll away and can be tracked using the cameras.

However it does not make me feel safer in the slightest. If someone is going to stab you, shoot you, whatever, they will do it, whether or not the cameras are there.

Theres a really big flaw with CCTV. When darkness comes, its virtually impossible to identify someone by their face. Infra-red cameras are really needed because alot of crime happens on the streets at night. Not many people would commit a serious crime in broad daylight along a CCTV infested street, apart from the mentally deranged and hard drug junkies who need the money, whatever it takes.

CCTV is mainly there to put possible offenders off. But as someone said, it simply pushes them into other areas without CCTV.

Note on Neds: Most of them are brainless retards, and will still lamp you for whatever the reason infront of a camera. Thing is though, the majority of them dont know how to punch properly lol.
Wed 23/02/05 at 16:41
Regular
CCTV doesn't make me feel safe it would make me feel like there WERE alot of criminals around so they need them.
Wed 23/02/05 at 16:33
Regular
"Excommunicated"
Here's some irony for you all.

There is a massive police training college about 500m from my house yet down the road there is a park full of wasted neds and drug dealers.

WAHEH
Wed 23/02/05 at 16:31
Regular
"Excommunicated"
Nope, if somebody wants to stab me they'll do it anyway.

Though as I lay there dying from my internal injuries I would take slight satisfaction in that they might be caught.
Wed 23/02/05 at 15:46
Yes, loads on both counts. On top of that, police patrols are frequent especially around the 12-2am periods. The only problem is that as you move out of town, it goes from plentiful to nil.

Back at home, meanwhile, the city centre's CCTV coverage is rubbish. There are a few on the busiest streets, but that's it. You'd be lucky to see a single car patrol, even on busy nights.
Wed 23/02/05 at 15:32
Regular
It makes me feel less safe.
The reason:

I live in a village (one of the largest in Scotland I believe), and the Main Street has 6 or 7 cameras to catch teh neds causing problems.
As a result, the neds are no longer found there, they've moved to our high street, which is mainly just another route to take to the large housing estate to the West of the village.
There's no shops there, only a park on one side, and then houses the rest of the way up the street.

There's no CCTV there, as tehre's nothing really to watch, so the neds moved there.
Until the cameras moved there, you could walk up and down teh street with no problems, but since, I'vealready been jumped by neds, as they just moved.

What would need is police, not cameras.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Easy and free service!
I think it's fab that you provide an easy-to-follow service, and even better that it's free...!
Cerrie
Excellent support service!
I have always found the support staff to provide an excellent service on every occasion I've called.
Ben

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.