GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"audioscrobbler: a cool thing to join"

The "Freeola Customer Forum" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Tue 22/02/05 at 00:13
Regular
"relocated"
[URL]http://www.audioscrobbler.com[/URL]

Download a plugin for your favourite mp3 player, and audioscrobbler keeps a record of all the songs you play EVER on its website. This is good because it lets you know how cool your taste actually is, as opposed to how cool you think it is, by generating weekly and all-time charts. This is my page: [URL]http://www.audioscrobbler.com/user/unknownkernel/[/URL] I've been doing it for ages and the most I've ever listened to a song is 7 times. Surprising. And my favourite song is apparently M'Gell by Ultrakurt, which I've never heard of but turns out to be a song on a mix CD I have.

Anyway, the coolest thing is that everything is linked. Click on a song in your profile and you get a list of other people who love that tune, or listen to it a lot because they really hate it. Click on an artist and you get a list of their most popular songs. Click on a user and you see all their fave tunes, plus what they're listening to RIGHT NOW. Woo! You can also get reccommendations based on what you listen to - like amazon except that it works, and throws up things you've never heard of.

And and and you can make your own groups, and I have very cleverly made a special reserve one for you to join [URL]http://www.audioscrobbler.com/group/Special%2BReserve[/URL] Groups with 10 or more members get weekly charts, so Special Reserve would have its very own number one.

So, yes, you should all join.
Page:
Sun 12/06/05 at 21:39
Regular
Mines is quite top heavy too.

That's more to do with the fact that I only have a couple of albums by particular bands, if you know what I mean, my collection is filled with compilations of loads of otehr bands, so I've only got 2 or 3 songs by most bands.

And I remove a lot of songs I don't like from myplaylists so that I don't have to listen to them.
Sun 12/06/05 at 19:33
Regular
"Cigar smoker"
mattributé wrote:
> Mines not been updated this month. Gutted.

Well I've just checked my stats and despite 350 tracks played, there's been no update of my charts nor any recommendations :(

Think their problems with the server are a bit bigger than what they say on their home page.
Fri 10/06/05 at 15:09
Regular
I apologise for such poor spelling.

: ' {
Fri 10/06/05 at 14:58
Regular
"The Red Shift"
gamesfreak wrote:
> expotential

Heh.
Fri 10/06/05 at 12:26
Regular
"Cigar smoker"
gamesfreak wrote:
> Mine is sort of expotential: -

You don't want to see mine, it's a bit blocky :)
Fri 10/06/05 at 12:24
Regular
"Cigar smoker"
Clazon wrote:
> That's why I need that new comp...

You need two network cards, that'll sort your problems, stuff copying over CD, just drag across the network .. much faster :)
Fri 10/06/05 at 12:20
Regular
Mine is sort of expotential: -

[URL]http://www.audioscrobbler.com/user/gamesfreak/[/URL]

OK well, maybe not exactly "smooth", but yes.
Fri 10/06/05 at 12:15
Regular
"The Red Shift"
CD/RW Drive is broken.

:(

That's why I need that new comp...
Fri 10/06/05 at 12:13
Regular
"Cigar smoker"
Well swap them over with ones you like :)
Fri 10/06/05 at 11:55
Regular
"The Red Shift"
This one has about 25 on.

:(

10 of which I've completely gone off.
Page:

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Thank you very much for your help!
Top service for free - excellent - thank you very much for your help.
Continue this excellent work...
Brilliant! As usual the careful and intuitive production that Freeola puts into everything it sets out to do, I am delighted.

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.