GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"A Tale of Grit Tea"

The "Freeola Customer Forum" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Sun 20/02/05 at 16:29
Regular
A Tale of Grit Tea - The Story of Moral Dilemma

Once beyond a time stood a sorcerer named Porsul-Beet. Daily, as he trudged through his forest he came across a diner owned by a soldier, one Foodage Gumboot.

Gumboot was a mean man with no time for anyone who didn't know his name. He had vast riches but did not share them with a soul.

On this particular day Porsul-Beet decided to enter the diner as he was feeling decidedly fatigued and had developed a sizeable thirst. Upon entering he found the drinks to be nastily overpriced for a man of so little means. Knowing that Gumboot would not allow him a free beverage he cried:

"Allow me to show you how to make a cup of tea using only water and this here grit off of the ground!"

Foodage Gumboot was in fair mood and was interested in this intriguing offer. Thinking only of the possibilities of his own financial gain he followed Porsul-Beet's directions eagerly.

Porsul-Beet instructed him to boil a little grit in some monsoon water. Just as it reached boiling temperature he offered to taste it to see if the tea was ready. Sipping the liquid from a silver spoon he announced the tea to be a great success.

"But what it really needs, just to finish it off, is some tea leaves to give it a little more flavour." Foodage Gumboot tramped off to get some from his pantry.

After adding the tea leaves and allowing a little while for the flavour to infuse Porsul-Beet took another sip.

"That's excellent grit tea if ever I did taste it. With a tea as fine as this it's a shame not to add a little milk." Carried along with the mood of the occasion, Foodage Gumboot again limped to his kitchen to fetch the aforementioned dairy produce. As the milk was added Porsul-Beet had another taste.

"I've never tasted a finer cup of grit tea!" he declared. "As we've gone to all this trouble we might as well add a teaspoon of sugar for good taste."

Foodage added some cane sugar and poured each of them a cup. Well of course Porsul-Beet glugged his nice warm tea and smiled smugly knowing that he had tricked the grumpy soldier into giving him a free drink. When Foodage Gumboot tried his tea he spat it out and some of the tea fell upon Porsul-Beet. Of course this turned him to stone.

"Raagh! I hate tea with grit in it!" Screamed the old soldier. And of course, he carted the stone sorcerer out of the diner and sold him to gypsies for a small fortune.

The End-

The moral of the story being 'You can never drink too much tea.'
Sun 20/02/05 at 18:52
Regular
"aka memo aaka gayby"
firestarter wrote:
> Just different accounts?

No.
Sun 20/02/05 at 17:55
Regular
"In Soviet Russia..."
Unless it's sarcasm, obviously.

Mmm... tea...
Sun 20/02/05 at 17:54
Regular
"Pwned"
Just different accounts?
Sun 20/02/05 at 17:53
Regular
"aka memo aaka gayby"
we're the same person
Sun 20/02/05 at 17:30
Regular
"Pwned"
mermoid wrote:
> hey mate you ripped this thread off someone else who posted it ages
> ago.

Why does he have the same tagline as you?
Sun 20/02/05 at 17:11
Regular
:)
Sun 20/02/05 at 16:51
Regular
"aka memo aaka gayby"
hey mate you ripped this thread off someone else who posted it ages ago.
Sun 20/02/05 at 16:29
Regular
A Tale of Grit Tea - The Story of Moral Dilemma

Once beyond a time stood a sorcerer named Porsul-Beet. Daily, as he trudged through his forest he came across a diner owned by a soldier, one Foodage Gumboot.

Gumboot was a mean man with no time for anyone who didn't know his name. He had vast riches but did not share them with a soul.

On this particular day Porsul-Beet decided to enter the diner as he was feeling decidedly fatigued and had developed a sizeable thirst. Upon entering he found the drinks to be nastily overpriced for a man of so little means. Knowing that Gumboot would not allow him a free beverage he cried:

"Allow me to show you how to make a cup of tea using only water and this here grit off of the ground!"

Foodage Gumboot was in fair mood and was interested in this intriguing offer. Thinking only of the possibilities of his own financial gain he followed Porsul-Beet's directions eagerly.

Porsul-Beet instructed him to boil a little grit in some monsoon water. Just as it reached boiling temperature he offered to taste it to see if the tea was ready. Sipping the liquid from a silver spoon he announced the tea to be a great success.

"But what it really needs, just to finish it off, is some tea leaves to give it a little more flavour." Foodage Gumboot tramped off to get some from his pantry.

After adding the tea leaves and allowing a little while for the flavour to infuse Porsul-Beet took another sip.

"That's excellent grit tea if ever I did taste it. With a tea as fine as this it's a shame not to add a little milk." Carried along with the mood of the occasion, Foodage Gumboot again limped to his kitchen to fetch the aforementioned dairy produce. As the milk was added Porsul-Beet had another taste.

"I've never tasted a finer cup of grit tea!" he declared. "As we've gone to all this trouble we might as well add a teaspoon of sugar for good taste."

Foodage added some cane sugar and poured each of them a cup. Well of course Porsul-Beet glugged his nice warm tea and smiled smugly knowing that he had tricked the grumpy soldier into giving him a free drink. When Foodage Gumboot tried his tea he spat it out and some of the tea fell upon Porsul-Beet. Of course this turned him to stone.

"Raagh! I hate tea with grit in it!" Screamed the old soldier. And of course, he carted the stone sorcerer out of the diner and sold him to gypsies for a small fortune.

The End-

The moral of the story being 'You can never drink too much tea.'

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Very pleased
Very pleased with the help given by your staff. They explained technical details in an easy way and were patient when providing information to a non expert like me.
Excellent
Excellent communication, polite and courteous staff - I was dealt with professionally. 10/10

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.