GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"If it's no danger, then why the recall?"

The "Freeola Customer Forum" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Fri 18/02/05 at 17:34
Regular
"Pouch Ape"
[URL]http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/health/4277677.stm[/URL]

A cancer-causing dye, at such a low concentration that it can't harm you...yet they're going to all the trouble of recalling it. Bit suss, but I suppose it's just a safety net. There's a link on that article to all the items, manufacturers and suppliers they know are affected - it's a very long list.
Thu 24/02/05 at 15:15
Regular
Whilst at Morrisons today they still have the big poster out RECALLING the products, on the list were two items that have now been eaten! any how the poster went on to say that a full refund would be offered, no receipt required! I wnt to the Customer Service Desk not for a refund but to ask how likely I am now to be ill after eating the affected product, the reply was amazing!

" Eh we are not sure what the health implications are, how ever if you do die as a result of eating our bangers and mash just bring the box in for a full refund"
Thu 24/02/05 at 09:33
Regular
"+34 Intellect"
slimboyslik wrote:
> People I know have died from cancer anything to stop it happening is a
> good thing trust me.

My gran died of cancer, the risk from sudan 1 is negligible.
Wed 23/02/05 at 19:43
Regular
People I know have died from cancer anything to stop it happening is a good thing trust me.
Wed 23/02/05 at 15:10
Regular
"+34 Intellect"
I was watching the channel 4 news yesterday and they were answering questions that people had emailed in, most of the questions were relatively sane until there came one which read "we've been poisoned! Do we have an legal recourse?".

I just sighed.
Wed 23/02/05 at 12:50
Regular
"..."
I've never understood why exactly we feel the need to dye our foods. Surely their natural colours should be acceptable?
Mon 21/02/05 at 13:21
I ate the Sainsbury's Shepherd's Pie once.

30 years later when I have cancer, I'LL SUE.
Sun 20/02/05 at 04:03
Regular
"The Red Shift"
Just from scrolling down that list really quickly, Asda, Waitrose and Morrisons look screwed.
Sat 19/02/05 at 14:38
Regular
"Pouch Ape"
It was all pikey food anyway.
Sat 19/02/05 at 12:47
Regular
"Slice n Dice baby"
They have to recall it, because someone may claim thet got cancer from it if it was discovered later on that there was a dye in it.

Also imagine the anger that would result if it were kept secret, but uncovered later on. Cancer causing agent in your food all this time, omg, ahhhh.

To be honest, it sounds pathetic. Your more likely to die from lightning than this thing. Besides, theres a million and one things that give you cancer out there.

But the bottom line is, you die in the end.
Sat 19/02/05 at 11:30
Regular
"Pouch Ape"
My cat ate bread and butter the other day.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Very pleased
Very pleased with the help given by your staff. They explained technical details in an easy way and were patient when providing information to a non expert like me.
Many thanks!!
Registered my website with Freeola Sites on Tuesday. Now have full and comprehensive Google coverage for my site. Great stuff!!
John Shepherd

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.