GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Vending Machines"

The "Freeola Customer Forum" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Thu 17/02/05 at 14:54
Regular
"..."
Just came on lunch, felt thirsty, so decided to get a can of pop from a nearby vending machine.

55p for a can of Pepsi Max? That's pretty bad, but I'm a captive audience, so i live with it. Put two 20ps in, then a 10p, then a 5p, the 5p comes back out, rejected. Hmm, annoying, I put the samer 5p back in and it rejects it again. Very annoying. I try it one last time and it accepts.

Why on earth do vending machines do that? It was exactly the same coin, so why on earth didn't it accept it first time around?
Thu 17/02/05 at 14:54
Regular
"..."
Just came on lunch, felt thirsty, so decided to get a can of pop from a nearby vending machine.

55p for a can of Pepsi Max? That's pretty bad, but I'm a captive audience, so i live with it. Put two 20ps in, then a 10p, then a 5p, the 5p comes back out, rejected. Hmm, annoying, I put the samer 5p back in and it rejects it again. Very annoying. I try it one last time and it accepts.

Why on earth do vending machines do that? It was exactly the same coin, so why on earth didn't it accept it first time around?
Thu 17/02/05 at 15:03
"slightlyshortertagl"
55p?!?!?!?

I swear the 50p can of coke doesn't exist anymore...
Thu 17/02/05 at 15:06
Regular
"..."
Niddle wrote:
> 55p?!?!?!?

The worst bit of that, is if I bothered getting up earlier enough to go to the cornershop before getting the bus to work, I could get a 2ltr bottle for 99p. If I bought two cans from the vending machine I'd have 660ml, i.e 2/3 of 1ltr so I'd have spent 11p more and not even got half the volume of Pepsi. Bloody rip-off.
Thu 17/02/05 at 15:21
Regular
Did it quench your thirst?
Thu 17/02/05 at 15:22
Regular
"..."
Nope. Fizzy drinks never do.

They're a big rip-off.
Thu 17/02/05 at 15:25
Regular
"Too Orangy For Crow"
55p? I remember when I could get a can of Coke from a vending machine for 40p and get one from a local shop for 35p.
Thu 17/02/05 at 15:31
Regular
"Just ram it in!"
I know this kid who though licking the coins will help them work. My Grandad also knew this man who worked at a sewage plant, who collected money from the filters.
Thu 17/02/05 at 19:26
Regular
"Not a Jew"
Lets hope the coin licking kid never came in contact with sewage coated coins, for his own benefit.

In the East Midlands airport I saw a bottle of Coke for £1.20. THat's pretty bad..
Thu 17/02/05 at 19:31
Regular
"Cosmic..."
RoJ wrote:
> In the East Midlands airport I saw a bottle of Coke for £1.20.
> THat's pretty bad..

In an airport in Turkey a while back, a bottle of water cost £3. *Faints*
Thu 17/02/05 at 19:35
Regular
55p. Expensive?

That's cheap compared to most places.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Thanks!
Thank you for dealing with this so promptly it's nice having a service provider that offers a good service, rare to find nowadays.
I am delighted.
Brilliant! As usual the careful and intuitive production that Freeola puts into everything it sets out to do. I am delighted.

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.