GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Microsoft X-Box - $299"

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Fri 18/05/01 at 23:52
Regular
I was browsing through the X-Box website when I stumbled up on this picture thingy with the info.
It's all from www.xbox.com

I think Nintendo HAVE GOT to price the Gamcube at $199 to avoid any risk of 'defeat' and I use that term bluntly!

Game - You heard it here first!
Sat 19/05/01 at 14:35
Regular
"everyone says it"
Dan, that was really stupid, change your name back now, because you never know when the ER-NO will struck....

MUHH HAHAHAHHAHAH HAA and also, you may get chucked of because of this.... just a friendly warning... from someone with experience.
Sat 19/05/01 at 14:32
(I am Dan2K1 by the way)
Sat 19/05/01 at 14:31
The point is, if the console's going to be sub £200, it's gonna fly off the shelves!!! And rightly so, the GameCube is looking ever more exciting by the day, and I think we have the future of gaming is going to be a very, very good place to be. It's all good!
Sat 19/05/01 at 13:26
Regular
I don't care if the GC will be £400 i'd still buy it!

But it won't so whats the point?
Sat 19/05/01 at 13:21
I just hope they put a modem in as standard, a cable modem so we wont have to shell out an extra £100 for one 6 months later!
Sat 19/05/01 at 12:09
Regular
"Eff, you see, kay?"
Zeldapro wrote:
> No matter the price i am still getting a GC. I think that Microsoft
> should have stuck to what they did best.

What's that then?
Sat 19/05/01 at 11:00
Xbox is officially $299.99!? So it won't be £400 will it?

I can actually see the two consoles selling very well despite being released at the same time. They're gonna leave the PS2 behind eating Micrendo dust and because the two consoles are significantly different, being aime at different audiences (GameCube to Sonic Team fans) (Xbox to Hitmaker fans) (just kidding), and so healthy sales will happen!!! I don't want to be tied to to paying an obscene amount for a console though, and then have the worry of financing my new modem for the machine, the stand, the insurance, the dust cover and the Official forcefield either. Ok?

So, Microsoft and Nintendo, do us a favour and excel - don't be great, be amazing!!

Let's pray.

Oh, and if Nights 2 is on Gamecube...oh boy, I'm gonna have a good AS level exam result ;)
Sat 19/05/01 at 10:06
Regular
"Fear my wrath..."
I'm just going to leave the console war for a little while and join when prices are going down etc.. and i know which ones best.
Sat 19/05/01 at 10:04
Regular
it will proberbly be £399.99 for xbox and rumours that gamecube will be £150
Sat 19/05/01 at 09:41
Regular
"qwertyuiop!!"
No matter the price i am still getting a GC. I think that Microsoft should have stuck to what they did best.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Very pleased
Very pleased with the help given by your staff. They explained technical details in an easy way and were patient when providing information to a non expert like me.
LOVE it....
You have made it so easy to build & host a website!!!
Gemma

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.