GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Sony PSP Vs Nintendo DS"

The "Freeola Customer Forum" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Sat 05/02/05 at 18:26
Regular
"member of dogg poun"
Let me introduce you to the Sony PSP and Nintendo DS. The Sony PSP stands for Playstation Portable, because it is quite literally a Playstation 2 but made much, much smaller! The graphics are almost exactly the same as the PS2 console.
The Nintendo DS stands for Dual Screen and boasts a touch screen which could be used in a variety of ways. The graphics are that of a Nintendo 64 which isn't really that good. It is for a handheld, but maybe the gameplay will beat the graphics on this occasion.
As the time draws nearer, the Nintendo DS and Sony PSP are set for a huge battle. Nintendo have announced the UK release date ahead of Sony, so possibly getting an early lead in terms of sales.
Both companies have got many 3rd party publishers to produce games for them and have full backing of top-quality companies like Capcom and Square-Enix.
Sony has turned many doubters mind's about the PSP, with the much-awaited sequel to the ground-breaking Final Fantasy 7, Final Fantasy 7: Advent Children will be a movie of what happened [/]after[/I] the end of FF7.
Both Nintendo and Sony have released numerous specs about their machines, so i wont go into them as it would take too long, and besides, you have probably heard of them already.
One thing that has excited me is the amount of memory on the games themselves. Nintendo can manage a huge 1GB whilst Sony can save as much as 1.8GB on one UMD. (Universal Media Disk). It is clear that these are top machines and boast state of the art gadgets and gizmos.
At the present moment, i believe that both handheld consoles are Wi-Fi, meaning you can play against people all over the world if you have a Wi-Fi kit. This really is technology at its' best. On the DS you can send a message using a 'picto-chat' feature to your friends (As long as they own a N-DS!)
Both handhelds are wireless making the possibilities endless. For instance, you can play multi-player games with your friends without the messy wires that you have to pay extra for!
The Sony PSP has the ability to play movies and MP3 so you are getting alot for your money. I don't know for sure, but if you could send MP3's to your friends using the wireless feature, it would be great!
As both consoles are set to come out in the near future i wish them both the best of luck...
Sat 05/02/05 at 18:26
Regular
"member of dogg poun"
Let me introduce you to the Sony PSP and Nintendo DS. The Sony PSP stands for Playstation Portable, because it is quite literally a Playstation 2 but made much, much smaller! The graphics are almost exactly the same as the PS2 console.
The Nintendo DS stands for Dual Screen and boasts a touch screen which could be used in a variety of ways. The graphics are that of a Nintendo 64 which isn't really that good. It is for a handheld, but maybe the gameplay will beat the graphics on this occasion.
As the time draws nearer, the Nintendo DS and Sony PSP are set for a huge battle. Nintendo have announced the UK release date ahead of Sony, so possibly getting an early lead in terms of sales.
Both companies have got many 3rd party publishers to produce games for them and have full backing of top-quality companies like Capcom and Square-Enix.
Sony has turned many doubters mind's about the PSP, with the much-awaited sequel to the ground-breaking Final Fantasy 7, Final Fantasy 7: Advent Children will be a movie of what happened [/]after[/I] the end of FF7.
Both Nintendo and Sony have released numerous specs about their machines, so i wont go into them as it would take too long, and besides, you have probably heard of them already.
One thing that has excited me is the amount of memory on the games themselves. Nintendo can manage a huge 1GB whilst Sony can save as much as 1.8GB on one UMD. (Universal Media Disk). It is clear that these are top machines and boast state of the art gadgets and gizmos.
At the present moment, i believe that both handheld consoles are Wi-Fi, meaning you can play against people all over the world if you have a Wi-Fi kit. This really is technology at its' best. On the DS you can send a message using a 'picto-chat' feature to your friends (As long as they own a N-DS!)
Both handhelds are wireless making the possibilities endless. For instance, you can play multi-player games with your friends without the messy wires that you have to pay extra for!
The Sony PSP has the ability to play movies and MP3 so you are getting alot for your money. I don't know for sure, but if you could send MP3's to your friends using the wireless feature, it would be great!
As both consoles are set to come out in the near future i wish them both the best of luck...
Sat 05/02/05 at 18:35
Regular
"aka memo aaka gayby"
you should win a game for this post!
Sat 05/02/05 at 19:22
Regular
"Jog on, sunshine"
"Let me introduce you to the DS"

I own one, you muppet. As do many people, which, if you didn't realise, means that they're already released in Japan/USA (PSP Japan only). So why write comments like "PSP and DS are set for a huge battle" when the DS is already winning?

Interesting...
Sat 05/02/05 at 19:26
Regular
"member of dogg poun"
Chipseh wrote:
> "Let me introduce you to the DS"
>
> I own one, you muppet. As do many people, which, if you didn't
> realise, means that they're already released in Japan/USA (PSP Japan
> only). So why write comments like "PSP and DS are set for a
> huge battle" when the DS is already winning?
>
> Interesting...

Unless you didn't notice they are set for a huge battle. In the UK. YOU ARE THE MUPPET.
Sat 05/02/05 at 19:37
Regular
"Jog on, sunshine"
SnoopDogg wrote:

> Unless you didn't notice they are set for a huge battle. In the UK.
> YOU ARE THE MUPPET.

And you know this because?! Who's to say the PSP will be out in time for there to actually to be a "huge battle?!" The PSP is announced for release in America in March, and I don't see how the Europe launch could be soon after, what with Sony's current hardware shortage.

Whoopsies, looks like you're the muppet again.
Sat 05/02/05 at 19:38
Regular
SnoopDogg wrote:
> YOU ARE THE MUPPET.

Hahaha, I think I just shed a tear.
Sat 05/02/05 at 19:44
Regular
"Pwned"
SnoopDogg wrote:
> Chipseh wrote:
> "Let me introduce you to the DS"
>
> I own one, you muppet. As do many people, which, if you didn't
> realise, means that they're already released in Japan/USA (PSP Japan
> only). So why write comments like "PSP and DS are set for a
> huge battle" when the DS is already winning?
>
> Interesting...
>
> YOU ARE THE MUPPET.

No you are. You have just joined SR and you come in here, like a nortable and write a big dolap of malarky on the DS VS PSP. As chipseh said, most people now own one. I posted a DS vs PSP topic ages ago and got bombarded with abuse because it was old news then, let alone now, when most people in the world has one.
Sat 05/02/05 at 19:48
Regular
"bit of a brain"
firestarter you racist! You are so racist I'm gonna get you deported, man.

And everyone shut up. It's a decent post why attack him for it. SnoopDogg I've got a DS and it's great, although there has been a severe lack of new games since christmas. That will all change come January. Personally, I find the games on the DS to be more interesting and appealing that those on the PSP, so I got a DS.
Sat 05/02/05 at 19:52
Regular
"Pwned"
Sorry, it's just that I got attacked for posting this kind of thing ages ago, because people reakoned it was old news.

Also gerrid, me = not racist.
Sat 05/02/05 at 19:52
Regular
"bit of a brain"
quiet you racist

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Thank you very much for your help!
Top service for free - excellent - thank you very much for your help.
Just a quick note to say thanks for a very good service ... in fact excellent service..
I am very happy with your customer service and speed and quality of my broadband connection .. keep up the good work . and a good new year to all of you at freeola.
Matthew Bradley

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.