GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"ARmax and usb drives"

The "Sony Games" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Thu 03/02/05 at 16:10
Regular
Hi

I've just bought an ARmax (e.g. disks) and seperately bought a 512 usb pen drive. I have loaded up the ARmax software on my ps2 and I've loaded some game saves onto the usb using the ARmax software on my pc.

The problem is that when I try to move the saves from the usb to my mem card the usb is shown as connected to my ps2, but no files are displayed whatsoever. The files are definitely .max files, so I can't see why it doesn't work. Also, it does list the drive space as 0kb. (incompatible usb drive maybe, but it does show up - just no files! bizarre).

I know that other people have had this problem, but I can't seem to find a solution. Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks
Thu 03/02/05 at 16:10
Regular
Hi

I've just bought an ARmax (e.g. disks) and seperately bought a 512 usb pen drive. I have loaded up the ARmax software on my ps2 and I've loaded some game saves onto the usb using the ARmax software on my pc.

The problem is that when I try to move the saves from the usb to my mem card the usb is shown as connected to my ps2, but no files are displayed whatsoever. The files are definitely .max files, so I can't see why it doesn't work. Also, it does list the drive space as 0kb. (incompatible usb drive maybe, but it does show up - just no files! bizarre).

I know that other people have had this problem, but I can't seem to find a solution. Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks
Thu 03/02/05 at 16:12
Regular
Is it just me or did that post twice ?? whoops!
Thu 03/02/05 at 16:14
"period drama"
Perhaps you have to have a special pen drive just for the purpose?
What's the point of all these saves anyway?
Thu 03/02/05 at 16:25
Regular
Trouble is I've almost finished FFx-2 but I have 99% (actually about 99.8 or 99.9) but I can't find that illusive 0.1% - I'm guessing it's something to do with those pesky viewing sphere things of shinras.

I just can't be arsed to keep playing all the way through to find 0.1%.

As far as a specific pen drive - u can buy the max drive which is datels brand one, but u should be able to use almost any usb drive, which is what's so annoying - mine don't seem to work.
Thu 03/02/05 at 16:30
"period drama"
Well, that's just down to the stupid percentage thing in the game. I got 95% first time through, happy with that. I don't see why having a 100% save is worth anything (least of all what you paid for all the save stuff) when you haven't done it yourself, and have done so well without it.

Ah well, your choice.
But I don't have a clue why it doesn't work.

Give datel a email. Their cusotmer service is some of the best I've come across, so you might as well.
Thu 03/02/05 at 16:31
Regular
"hulagadoo"
It could just be like mines, it takes about 10 minutes to show up. Sometimes it helps copying a memo card file to the usb pen drive.
Thu 03/02/05 at 17:13
Regular
I like to finish stuff too, but I just want to see the xtra ending and it's not like getting a 0.1% from a save is cheating too much :0)
Thu 03/02/05 at 17:17
Regular
Tried to copy a mem file from card to usb, but it says that I don't have enough memory - which makes me wonder if I need to have some sort of software on the usb or to format it a certain way so that ps2 picks it up.
Thu 03/02/05 at 18:25
Regular
Aha!! Cracked it - just used a 128Mb drive that my mate had. Maybe there's a size limit??

Who cares !! 100% ffx2 yippppeeeeeee! chuff chuff chuffffffed ! :0) Sad I know ;0>

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Continue this excellent work...
Brilliant! As usual the careful and intuitive production that Freeola puts into everything it sets out to do, I am delighted.
10/10
Over the years I've become very jaded after many bad experiences with customer services, you have bucked the trend. Polite and efficient from the Freeola team, well done to all involved.

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.