GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"If Churchill isn't a war criminal then who is?"

The "Freeola Customer Forum" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Wed 02/02/05 at 22:34
Regular
"8==="
[URL]http://www.sundayherald.com/print29394[/URL]

Interesting...
Wed 02/02/05 at 22:34
Regular
"8==="
[URL]http://www.sundayherald.com/print29394[/URL]

Interesting...
Wed 02/02/05 at 23:25
Regular
*ignites torch*

not sure why I did that, I've got a maglite in me wardrobe.

Bloody churchill. I always knew that behind the cuddly nodding dog facade lingered the cold hearted gaze of hatred.
Thu 03/02/05 at 09:05
You're only a war criminal if you're on the losing side.
Thu 03/02/05 at 10:53
Regular
"you've got a beard"
true.

"fun" fact: i lived next door to milosovich when he was awaiting trial.
Thu 03/02/05 at 11:46
Regular
"bing bang bong"
That is a good article, and I agree with it's argument that our conduct was hardly spotless during WW2.
Thu 03/02/05 at 23:15
Regular
"gsybe you!"
*cough*Dresden*cough*

Etc.

Sure, the war was fighting evil bla bla bla. But some of the Allied actions were utterly needless. Mainly the bombing of German cities on such a scale. The Cossacks and Russia. Just as the article states.

Moral values transcend creed, nation, race etc.
Fri 04/02/05 at 00:27
Regular
Churchill was fine.

Hitler was evil and all those Germans and Nazis deserved what they got.
Fri 04/02/05 at 00:27
Regular
I wonder how many people will take that seriously
Fri 04/02/05 at 10:02
Cycloon wrote:

> Sure, the war was fighting evil bla bla bla. But some of the
> Allied actions were utterly needless. Mainly the bombing of German
> cities on such a scale. The Cossacks and Russia.

> Moral values transcend creed, nation, race etc.

Ah well, live and learn, eh? Until the next war.
Fri 11/02/05 at 13:03
Regular
"Stay Frosty"
Cycloon wrote:
> Moral values transcend creed, nation, race etc.

Until theres an invasion Fleet sitting in Calais... Its easy to criticise past actions, far less so when we too have a Devil Banging at our gates. Its easy to criticise the Allied Bombings, but its also easy to predict the score after the game. The purpose of the targeting of Civilians was to see if the German will to fight could be smashed. The commander of RAF Bomber Command said: "Those who say it will never work, well i say it has never been tried". It was a different time, we were fighting for something we havnt fought for since(thankfully). You must look at it in the context of the situation, and remember these 3 simple words. GERMANY STARTED IT... WWII was the closest we have come to Total War yet, and its also as close as we've got to Absolute War. That means, in WWII, the Gloves came off, and a lot of previously 'wrong' stuff, became a whole lot more acceptable.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

I am delighted.
Brilliant! As usual the careful and intuitive production that Freeola puts into everything it sets out to do. I am delighted.
LOVE it....
You have made it so easy to build & host a website!!!
Gemma

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.