GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"lads' mags"

The "Freeola Customer Forum" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Tue 18/01/05 at 16:56
Regular
Hello,
I am doing a project on men’s magazines for a university course (bit of a doss). I want to find out why people like lads’ mags (particularly Zoo and Nuts).
So, if you want to help, you can give your opinions on the question:
“Why do people like men’s magazines?”
You can either post your thoughts on the website to get a discussion going or e-mail me ([email protected]).

This isn’t a customer survey, and I thank you for your help.

Ben
Tue 18/01/05 at 16:56
Regular
Hello,
I am doing a project on men’s magazines for a university course (bit of a doss). I want to find out why people like lads’ mags (particularly Zoo and Nuts).
So, if you want to help, you can give your opinions on the question:
“Why do people like men’s magazines?”
You can either post your thoughts on the website to get a discussion going or e-mail me ([email protected]).

This isn’t a customer survey, and I thank you for your help.

Ben
Tue 18/01/05 at 16:57
Regular
"In Soviet Russia..."
The women. :D
Tue 18/01/05 at 17:48
Regular
"The Voice of Reason"
I DONT like them - probably because they ARE lads mags!! I dont want piccys of women I want recipes, I want car amd computer maintenance stuff. I want an understanding of women, not a sexploitation of them.
I know this isnt what u wanted but I wanted to get it of my chest. :)
Tue 18/01/05 at 17:52
Regular
weekly mags are fairly poor, i never really by the monthly's eitherbut a lot of my mates do so i invariably end up reading them, The best thing in them is the stories and random sections, i have to say the presence of women is a bonus though is only oflimited appeal, as you can get those kind of pictures anywhere and interviews with models are invariably boring. EG: "so what would a guy have to do to get with you" poor question!
the fahion sections and all are distinctly rubbish and are never read.

Jokes,interviews with interesting people, amusing stories particularly of stupidity entertain.
Tue 18/01/05 at 17:55
Regular
Because all men who love women also love cars and football. It's genetic.

In fact every man's fantasy is to be driving an expensive looking car, being screwed by some fat-tittyed woman with his leg out of the door scoring a hat trick in the world cup.
Tue 18/01/05 at 18:01
Regular
"Puerile Shagging"
Because they get Johnny Vaughn to be the voice over man on the adverts and he is someone I aspire to be.
Tue 18/01/05 at 18:02
Regular
He's -so- middle class. I wish I was middle class like him
Tue 18/01/05 at 18:04
Regular
"leaf it aaaaht"
They are funnier than girls mags!
Tue 18/01/05 at 18:42
Regular
"The Voice of Reason"
English_Bloke wrote:
> Because they get Johnny Vaughn to be the voice over man on the adverts
> and he is someone I aspire to be.

aspire to be johnny vaughan??? wot are you mad or summat?
Tue 18/01/05 at 18:48
Regular
"+34 Intellect"
Lads mads are ok, but to be honest i think i'll stick with my Model train Monthly.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Brilliant service.
Love it, love it, love it!
Christopher
LOVE it....
You have made it so easy to build & host a website!!!
Gemma

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.