GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Laptop battery Locking"

The "Freeola Customer Forum" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Sun 16/01/05 at 22:08
Regular
I have a old Compaq E500 Laptop, I only use it for word processing and internet surfing.

Today I took the battery out to see how much charge it had, and like an idiot I snapped the little locking switch thing that locks the battery in place. Now the battery does not lock in, it sits in but falls out very easily, the battery still works like this, but it is not very practical.

I can take my FDD out and put the battery in there, as its a multi port, and that still locks in, but it means i have a huge hole on the side of the laptop?!?

Any suggestions? I would glue the battery into the hole but i think that mite be a bit extreme at the moment....

Thanks for any suggestions...
Mon 17/01/05 at 13:30
Regular
Well fixed the problem with some old fashioned strong black tape, which fades well with this laptop. O well, its only a cheapy thing. I dnt think elastic bands would have held this shut, the battery pushs out strongly, anyway, cheers people!
Mon 17/01/05 at 05:41
Make sure you use them all to keep it in place.
Sun 16/01/05 at 23:23
Regular
"+34 Intellect"
[URL]http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&category=11835&item=3867666058&rd=1[/URL]
Sun 16/01/05 at 22:08
Regular
I have a old Compaq E500 Laptop, I only use it for word processing and internet surfing.

Today I took the battery out to see how much charge it had, and like an idiot I snapped the little locking switch thing that locks the battery in place. Now the battery does not lock in, it sits in but falls out very easily, the battery still works like this, but it is not very practical.

I can take my FDD out and put the battery in there, as its a multi port, and that still locks in, but it means i have a huge hole on the side of the laptop?!?

Any suggestions? I would glue the battery into the hole but i think that mite be a bit extreme at the moment....

Thanks for any suggestions...

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Very pleased
Very pleased with the help given by your staff. They explained technical details in an easy way and were patient when providing information to a non expert like me.
Just a quick note to say thanks for a very good service ... in fact excellent service..
I am very happy with your customer service and speed and quality of my broadband connection .. keep up the good work . and a good new year to all of you at freeola.
Matthew Bradley

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.