GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Quick Case Question"

The "Freeola Customer Forum" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Fri 14/01/05 at 17:50
"Majestic"
Hi there!

I’m wanting to sell my Chenbro Gaming Bomb computer case to a friend who is about to build his own PC.

[URL] http://www.xcase.co.uk/acatalog/Chenbro_X_Spider_.html[/URL] to see the case I’m selling to him. The tower is quite large, but I was just wondering if it would fit an AMD 64 motherboard in. He is going for this motherboard [URL] http://www.komplett.co.uk/k/ki.asp?sku=305190&cks=SER[/URL] – I would have thought there would be no problems here – but the thing that worry’s me is the fact that when you click on the link that shows the case in question, it says; “CPU Type Intel Pentium® III/Pentium®4, AMD AthlonTM XP.” Surely if it fits a Pentium 4 in, it would be able to cater for a AMD 64?

Pretty stupid question really, but I just wanted to check with somebody that has more AMD experience before I flog it. For all I know AMD 64 chips may not like to be housed in fancy cases? Seems strange why it isn’t listed…

Thanks in advance!

[S]And I know it doesn’t matter about fancy cases by the way!
Sat 15/01/05 at 10:32
"Majestic"
Aye, well - it's not my money!

But i'll pass on your advice anyway, thanks mate!
Fri 14/01/05 at 23:21
Regular
"Just ram it in!"
The price for the board seems very steep for an Asus, I would save an extra Ł50 and get the Nforce4 Gigabyte equivalent. I saw them on Ebay for Ł60 brand new. Or wait for Abit to get there’s widely available plus that site wont have stock until February 2005.
Fri 14/01/05 at 17:56
"Majestic"
Thanks Stance!

I wanted to check just in-case. (See what i did there?!)

Thanks again mate!
Fri 14/01/05 at 17:54
Regular
"serenity now!"
It'll make no difference - if it's an ATX case it'll fit an ATX motherboard. The only thing to make sure is that if it comes with a power supply it has an additional 12v connector, but if it says its suitable foe Pentium 4 then it will do.

Maybe those specs were written before Athlon 64s were readily available.

edit: Oh, and that motherboard is very nice - we had a look at one in the office the other day and it's pure quality.
Fri 14/01/05 at 17:50
"Majestic"
Hi there!

I’m wanting to sell my Chenbro Gaming Bomb computer case to a friend who is about to build his own PC.

[URL] http://www.xcase.co.uk/acatalog/Chenbro_X_Spider_.html[/URL] to see the case I’m selling to him. The tower is quite large, but I was just wondering if it would fit an AMD 64 motherboard in. He is going for this motherboard [URL] http://www.komplett.co.uk/k/ki.asp?sku=305190&cks=SER[/URL] – I would have thought there would be no problems here – but the thing that worry’s me is the fact that when you click on the link that shows the case in question, it says; “CPU Type Intel Pentium® III/Pentium®4, AMD AthlonTM XP.” Surely if it fits a Pentium 4 in, it would be able to cater for a AMD 64?

Pretty stupid question really, but I just wanted to check with somebody that has more AMD experience before I flog it. For all I know AMD 64 chips may not like to be housed in fancy cases? Seems strange why it isn’t listed…

Thanks in advance!

[S]And I know it doesn’t matter about fancy cases by the way!

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

The coolest ISP ever!
In my opinion, the ISP is the best I have ever used. They guarantee 'first time connection - everytime', which they have never let me down on.
Thank you very much for your help!
Top service for free - excellent - thank you very much for your help.

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.