GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"gamecube question"

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Fri 03/12/04 at 21:06
Regular
the gamecube has 3 connectors on the botton

1 is for the modem (dial up and broadband)
1 is for the gba game player

what does the 3rd on do?
Mon 06/12/04 at 14:05
Regular
"Im a Daddy :-)"
Point taken. The line up this year is one of the reasons that Iv slowly forgot my cube of late! Mp2 is changing that thou, think I may get it. The next resi game looks and sounds fantastic, Iv never played one before but this one is already preordered.
Sat 04/12/04 at 22:32
Regular
While the hell do you own a Gamecube if you are after third party support!

Sure as a gamer I'd like a supply of some third party software to keep me playing but I mainly want games from Nintendo.

If it was third party games I wanted then I would have got a Playstation 2 simply because it was obvious from the beginning that Sony would recieve the largest form of support.

I personally think Sony and Microsoft gamers are missing out on much more than Nintendo gamers are but that's what the whole console war debate is about.

As far as I'm concerned Pikmin and Paper Mario 2 (and probably MP2 when I get it) destroy every game on the other platforms hands down.

But that's the point of preference.

The problem with 2004, although the Gamecube has enjoyed consistant sales, is that it the first 3 quaters did not contain one REALLY decent first party release. Pikmin 2, Paper Mario 2 and Metroid Prime 2... October and November releases, are the best Gamecube games released this year.

Thankfully there is a much fuller line up in 2005.
Sat 04/12/04 at 21:30
Regular
I still play on my N64 sometimes, and I know it just seemed like I was pointing a gun at the cube's head and in some ways I was but there are games coming put on the cube that I really like the look of, It just seems that the cube misses out somtimes with games coming out for every format but the cube.
Sat 04/12/04 at 20:37
Regular
Gwizz wrote:
> The cube wont last that long! Most games companys turned there backs
> on the cube ages ago and the ones that didnt release a rubbish
> version of what ever game it is, or just plonk the ps2 version on it.
> Nintendo may make some good games but they dont make enough to keep
> the console going for that long! Without a good supply of new games
> the consoles has no future.

Killer 7, Resident Evil 4, Viewtiful Joe 2 are from Capcom and developed using Gamecube hardware in mind.

Namco are releasing 2 new DKonga games, a Starfox Game, Mario Baseball are from Namco especially for the Gamecube with Tekken 5 and what other games they fancy releasing coming as well.

EA plan to release most of their titles on the Gamecube.

Codemasters are currently looking at potential Gamecube software.

Eidios are keen to use the microphone on their game "get on da mic".

Ubi-soft are releasing their major titles on the Gamecube.

You have exclusive third party games, Advance Wars and Geist.

Also expect a host of SEGA games to go along side Virtua Quest (developed with Gamecube hardware in mind).

Also Nintendo are releasing loads of games themselves and that includes major release Zelda.

Throw in a price cut and you are looking at potentially the greatest year the Gamecube has ever seen.

I'm surprised that people keep saying "Gamecube won't last" or "N64 won't last" and you know what, they last. They always last. Nintendo would not drive away fans by declaring the Cube dead a year before Revolution because it would spell the end.
Sat 04/12/04 at 20:30
Regular
Tphi wrote:
> You are of course assuming the Cube will last right until the
> Revolution's launch. And where was 2006 confirmed as Mario 128's
> release date, eh?

It wasn't but it seems likely.

And why wouldn't the Cube last upto the launch? Why would Nintendo do something as retarded as drive away their fan base.
Sat 04/12/04 at 18:08
Regular
The cube wont last that long! Most games companys turned there backs on the cube ages ago and the ones that didnt release a rubbish version of what ever game it is, or just plonk the ps2 version on it. Nintendo may make some good games but they dont make enough to keep the console going for that long! Without a good supply of new games the consoles has no future.
Sat 04/12/04 at 15:14
Regular
"thursdayton!"
You are of course assuming the Cube will last right until the Revolution's launch. And where was 2006 confirmed as Mario 128's release date, eh?
Sat 04/12/04 at 12:04
Regular
Tphi wrote:
> *laughs out loud*

Well I'd have laughed too if it wasn't for the Mario 128 on the Gamecube in 2006 malarky.

In fact it looks like Revolution will launch Christmas 2006, that means the Gamecube only has a month or two to last to keep the whole 2007 promise.
Sat 04/12/04 at 11:35
Regular
"thursdayton!"
*laughs out loud*
Sat 04/12/04 at 11:05
Regular
It might still last to 2007 tphi, don't jump the gun now boyo.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

I am delighted.
Brilliant! As usual the careful and intuitive production that Freeola puts into everything it sets out to do. I am delighted.
Wonderful...
... and so easy-to-use even for a technophobe like me. I had my website up in a couple of hours. Thank you.
Vivien

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.