GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Nintendo WILL Suceed"

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Wed 16/05/01 at 21:55
Regular
From the dawn of gaming Nintendo have been always been there, they are an important factor in keeping the gaming business balanced.

They have been always been sucessful, their earlier consoles were always being sold, the Game Boy is the most popular portable console to date and the N64 was still contending with Playstation and Dreamcast not so long ago. They have never really tasted the bitter flavour of failure as many said Sega have done with the Dreamcast and in many cases the Sony with the Playstation.

So as the unpredictable new age 'Console Wars' are arising many have put their bets on Nintendo to crash and burn, while Microsoft and Sony become the two contenders...... Well I will have to disagree with this.

I have never been a fan of Nintendo and am probaly the most unbiast poster here, I am just looking for a good choice of game for me. I belive that Nintendo will have no problem at all when they release the GC and the GBA.

First of all they have two egerly awaited machines coming out in the space of a few months......

Firstly the GBA, a portable console, something I am sure everybody loves and there are so few around. The graphics and varity of games are impresive...... It seems they have crammed an N64 into the size of a emmmmm brick :D. It puts the GameBoy to shame when you see the astonising difference in them, with games like F-Zero and Mario Kart. With the value of what you get the GBA looks to be as popular as its anceister the Game Boy.

Now onto the GC, a fine looking console if every I saw one. (not the colour the spec :D) Gone have the days of constant 'childish' games, there is now a varitey of more 'grown up games' such as Rogue Leader and Metroid. Both look outstanding, the graphics look superb, smooth and curved. Also now in are sport games for the 'late teens' and 'early 20's' such as NBA 2002 and Fifa Soccer. Of course they have not forgotton their roots and of course there is the 'childish games' of Luigi's Mansion, it sounds poor but it looks impresive and of course Zelda and the likes.

So Nintendo are having a double release, they are both looking impresive. They have expanded the varitey of games so although they still have Mario for the younger fans, they have games for their fans from the earlier days that have grown up with Nintendo and can now still be fans, and with this they may gather more fans.

With this I have not been biast, only stating an opinion as an honest gamer who likes to see good gaming in the making.
Thu 17/05/01 at 16:48
Regular
"qwertyuiop!!"
I think that the GC will definatley succeed and beat the PS2 and XBOX and Shigsy will develop the GBA connection for launch and that people will realise why the heck would they want to spend 400 quid on a console by Microsoft when they can spend about 50-100 on more memory and stuff on the PC that they MIGHT already own and play just as good games on that!
Thu 17/05/01 at 14:13
Regular
"Eff, you see, kay?"
VenomByte wrote:
> I have 60MB of GC videos (so far) ... and I can't find a player to
> run them.

> Help me.....

What is the file extension on them?
Thu 17/05/01 at 14:11
Regular
"Excommunicated"
Indeed

An empty bladder is a full mind!
Thu 17/05/01 at 14:10
Regular
Like a hole in the head!! It succedes at causing its own death!!
Thu 17/05/01 at 08:09
Regular
"Back in black"
yo all, i cant get the vids to work either... i tried this site out http://e3.nintendo.com , i dont know if ya have ever seen it before... but it looks pretty kool, window media player dont work with it though!!!
Wed 16/05/01 at 23:27
Regular
VenomByte wrote:
> I have 60MB of GC videos (so far) ... and I can't find a player to
> run them.

Help me.....

If you send me the vids, i'll send you player to watch them with.........
Wed 16/05/01 at 23:25
Regular
"everyone says it"
I have all bar a couple, one which isn't downloading...
Wed 16/05/01 at 23:23
Regular
"smile, it's free"
I have 60MB of GC videos (so far) ... and I can't find a player to run them.

Help me.....
Wed 16/05/01 at 23:05
Regular
"Eff, you see, kay?"
SHEEPY wrote:
> It seems they have crammed
> an N64 into the size of a emmmmm brick :D. It puts the GameBoy to
> shame when you see the astonising difference in them, with games
> like F-Zero and Mario Kart. With the value of what you get the GBA
> looks to be as popular as its anceister the Game Boy.

As I understood it the GBA has just under the power of a PSone?
Wed 16/05/01 at 23:05
Regular
"smile, it's free"
Ack... the installer tries to get the info directly from their public servers.... which my proxy won't allow access to.

*sob*

I can't look at all the GC videos

*sob*

Anyone know another player which will run them? Please...

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Wonderful...
... and so easy-to-use even for a technophobe like me. I had my website up in a couple of hours. Thank you.
Vivien
Everybody thinks I am an IT genius...
Nothing but admiration. I have been complimented on the church site that I manage through you and everybody thinks I am an IT genius. Your support is unquestionably outstanding.
Brian

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.