GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Restart Problem"

The "Freeola Customer Forum" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Thu 06/01/05 at 20:44
Regular
Right, whenever I restart my PC the system just hangs. I get a black screen, fans going etc, however it doesn't boot.

It works fine when shutting down completely and then turning the pc back on again.

I've tried reconnecting the reset switch but with no luck.

Any ideas?
Thu 06/01/05 at 21:50
"Bothered!"
Damarus wrote:
> If I did a system restore, would I lose the work I've done today?

You do not lose documents or files. The only thing that system restore affects is settings!
Thu 06/01/05 at 21:02
Regular
If I did a system restore, would I lose the work I've done today?
Thu 06/01/05 at 21:01
Regular
Only just started. I've installed latest bios but no luck.

I set the FSB on my processor higher the other day, with a lower multiplier. So I tried changing it back to how it was, but no luck.
Thu 06/01/05 at 20:59
"Bothered!"
Perhaps try a system restore to a time not so long ago...
Thu 06/01/05 at 20:59
Regular
"+34 Intellect"
Have you checked the motherboard manufacturers website to see if it's a known issue and possibly has a bios update for it?
Thu 06/01/05 at 20:58
Regular
"NULL"
Has this only just started? How old is the PC? Have you recently installed any software?
Thu 06/01/05 at 20:56
Regular
Nothing on the screen.

The PC actually does the shutting down part. Just not the rebooting up part.

Monitor flashes green.
Thu 06/01/05 at 20:45
Regular
"NULL"
Do you get anything on the screen? Flashing cursor top left for example?

Is there definitely power going to the monitor? If it has a light on it, does it show orange or green?
Thu 06/01/05 at 20:44
Regular
Right, whenever I restart my PC the system just hangs. I get a black screen, fans going etc, however it doesn't boot.

It works fine when shutting down completely and then turning the pc back on again.

I've tried reconnecting the reset switch but with no luck.

Any ideas?

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Excellent
Excellent communication, polite and courteous staff - I was dealt with professionally. 10/10
Simple, yet effective...
This is perfect, so simple yet effective, couldnt believe that I could build a web site, have alrealdy recommended you to friends. Brilliant.
Con

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.