GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Things looking up!!!!!"

The "Sony Games" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Wed 16/05/01 at 16:52
Regular
Those of you complaining that there are not enough good titles out on the PS2, will soon be able to breath a sigh of relief, as soon, we shall have some brilliant titles.

Obviously, the one that almost all of you are waiting for, is not far away with the July release now penned in (if it stays that way, I don't know). This is, of course, Gran Turismo 3, and boy, does it look good. Having played the demo that came with the official PS2 mag, I was very impressed with the handling and the graphics, and now more details are out, and to tell the truth, I can't wait much longer for this, with stunning graphics and the most realistic handling you'll ever see for a while, this game is probably the most important PS2 title since SSX.

Coming out around about the smae time are:
Red Faction: The first-person title that should equal Half-life in terms of plot and the new Geo-Mod technology allowing you to blow the hell out of everything. Sould be good.

Extermination: The Panic-action title by Sony, tipped to add a new edge to survival horror.

Onimusha: Developed by Capcom, the makers of the Resi evil series, bring us a samarai survival horror that's gotta be good, judging from the demos I've seen.

These are just three titles to accompany GT3, but there is bound to be more. Watch out Xbox and Gamecube, you've got a fight on your hands.
Thu 17/05/01 at 11:04
I know it won't be an 'original' PS2 game, but for anyone who doesn't have Deus Ex on the PC, it should be awesome (providing they don't try and dumb it down for the console). As much as I love Half Life, Deus Ex is the best game I've played on the PC. Anyone who likes the idea of a Blade Runner / Matrix style atmosphere in a FPS/RPG environment, start saving your pennies ;-).
Thu 17/05/01 at 08:16
Regular
"Jim Jam Jim"
All the 4 games you talk about I want. The summer is going to be greast this year. Also Krillan you say you have played the GT3 demo and thought the graphics were good. The final games graphics are even better than the the demos. With the water effects, glowing brake disks as well. I cant wait for these 4 games to come out.
Wed 16/05/01 at 20:14
gt3 sounds great but isnt it just the graphics? the controll on most racing games is the same. id stick with games like ssx
Wed 16/05/01 at 18:48
Regular
"Whatever!"
Bombad Racing out next week - Should be good!!

Red Faction cant come out soon enough - Im addicted to FPS's at the moment and this looks like being one of the best for a long time!!
Then Star Trek Voyager Elite Force, shouldnt be too long a wait.
And what about Deus Ex being confirmed for PS2 - Wow is all I can say!! Finally the flood of quality next gen games is coming!!
Wed 16/05/01 at 18:43
Regular
Craxi taxi will look bad on the ps2. Why?? 'Cos Acclaim, in all there wisdom, decided that they would keep the original Dreamcast textures for the game, but the ps2 can do so much more!!
Wed 16/05/01 at 18:39
Regular
He was talkin about the near future though, so MGS2 wasn`t really in the right category. However, you could have put in Crazy Taxi, and Super Bombad Racing!
Wed 16/05/01 at 18:28
Regular
"Cigar smoker"
I think "moaning" is a bit harsh....look back when the PS came out, there weren't that many good games until developers started pushing the PS to it's limits.

Try comparing the Ridge Racer (original which I've still got in my cupboard) to GT2.....think what kind of games will be available in 5 yrs time on the PS2? Just gotta give the developers a bit more time and then we'll see some really great and amazing games.

Gotta agree with you on the games you listed although I was surprised to see you missed out MGS2 especially as this is being touted as the game to beat all games regardless of genre!
Wed 16/05/01 at 18:21
Regular
"CYA GUYS"
Red faction looks excellent but sadly nothing compared with mgs2, although being a different genre every game will be compared with mgs2 and then will look worse than it actually is.
Wed 16/05/01 at 16:52
Those of you complaining that there are not enough good titles out on the PS2, will soon be able to breath a sigh of relief, as soon, we shall have some brilliant titles.

Obviously, the one that almost all of you are waiting for, is not far away with the July release now penned in (if it stays that way, I don't know). This is, of course, Gran Turismo 3, and boy, does it look good. Having played the demo that came with the official PS2 mag, I was very impressed with the handling and the graphics, and now more details are out, and to tell the truth, I can't wait much longer for this, with stunning graphics and the most realistic handling you'll ever see for a while, this game is probably the most important PS2 title since SSX.

Coming out around about the smae time are:
Red Faction: The first-person title that should equal Half-life in terms of plot and the new Geo-Mod technology allowing you to blow the hell out of everything. Sould be good.

Extermination: The Panic-action title by Sony, tipped to add a new edge to survival horror.

Onimusha: Developed by Capcom, the makers of the Resi evil series, bring us a samarai survival horror that's gotta be good, judging from the demos I've seen.

These are just three titles to accompany GT3, but there is bound to be more. Watch out Xbox and Gamecube, you've got a fight on your hands.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Many thanks!!
Registered my website with Freeola Sites on Tuesday. Now have full and comprehensive Google coverage for my site. Great stuff!!
John Shepherd
My website looks tremendous!
Fantastic site, easy to follow, simple guides... impressed with whole package. My website looks tremendous. You don't need to be a rocket scientist to set this up, Freeola helps you step-by-step.
Susan

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.