GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Is it worth getting a PS2 yet?"

The "Sony Games" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Wed 16/05/01 at 16:42
Regular
Is it worth getting a PS2? Just wondering as the price will come down in a few months and no current game has made me go 'must have that'. Are there any great games?
Wed 16/05/01 at 16:42
Is it worth getting a PS2? Just wondering as the price will come down in a few months and no current game has made me go 'must have that'. Are there any great games?
Wed 16/05/01 at 16:54
Regular
There are great games on the PS2. I have nine games but they are not all classics. Star Wars Starfighter is ace (think rebel assault flying missions but you can fly whereever you want). SSX is outstanding. Zone of the Enders is a must have game. And for anyone who likes rts Kessen is outstanding.
Wed 16/05/01 at 16:56
Welcome to the forum. Most of the people on here have PS2s, so I think the general response will be yes. Trying to be unbiased about it, I guess it depends if you feel the current price tag is worth it to you. No official price drops have been announced, but various places have deals on the go. As far as 'next gen' machines are concerned, you haven't got much choice, unless you pick up a Dreamcast cheap.

Games - SSX, Timesplitters, DOA2, Madden 2001, Starfighter, ZOE, Shadow of Memories, Quake III, Tekken Tag, and F1 2001 is out next week. None of those are less than 8/10 games.
Wed 16/05/01 at 18:43
Regular
"Whatever!"
I would say there has never been a better time to own a PS2 - With many quality games already out, SSX, TTT, Timesplitters Starfighter, Z.O.E, Shadow of memories, Moto GP, Quake III etc... It has hundreds of quality titles in development and some corkers coming up with in the next few months - The biggest of all being Gran Turismo 3!!!
It will inevitably go down in price but I would just go for one now!!! I mean what is £300 these days??
Wed 16/05/01 at 20:22
well it does depend how much u like video games, ps2 is pretty expensive but a great investment if u want it
Wed 16/05/01 at 23:09
Regular
"Back For Good"
i could talk for hours why to get the awsome playstation 2 but i can narrow it down to one sentence.

NOTHING ELSE IS OR WILL BE AS GOOD AS THE PLAYSTATION 2.
Thu 17/05/01 at 11:20
If you really want a PS2, don't see why you want to- bad graphics, bad gameplay, bad, console, bad games- then I would wait to the Xbox and GameCube are released becuase then the thing will be given away for next to nothing, under £100 I am guessing. Infact they will probably pay you to take them away. However the poorly designed ps2 is horribly expensive to make so if prices remain high I wont be surprised.
Thu 17/05/01 at 11:22
Regular
"Infantalised Forums"
Intelligent and well thought out response there.
Thu 17/05/01 at 11:38
"High polygon count"
Goatboy wrote:
> Intelligent and well thought out response there.

Unfortunately, typical of the average Ninty fan.
Thu 17/05/01 at 11:58
Regular
"Infantalised Forums"
Sshh..Grix'll hear you and start sulking.

"At last we meet..the circle is complete"

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Easy and free service!
I think it's fab that you provide an easy-to-follow service, and even better that it's free...!
Cerrie
LOVE it....
You have made it so easy to build & host a website!!!
Gemma

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.