GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"dvd download help"

The "Freeola Customer Forum" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Tue 04/01/05 at 17:16
Regular
"no nonsense"
i got a dvd from a torrent website and when i extracted the files it is really jumpy. there was loads to extract separatly but all just exactly the same, a jumpy dvd. Is there something i might have to do to make it work???
Thu 06/01/05 at 12:38
Regular
"Captain to you."
Eww downloading legal things feels wrong.

Can't believe that he didn't click that he mite be breaking the law.

hahahahaha
Thu 06/01/05 at 08:52
Regular
"Lisan al-Gaib"
sanders wrote:
> hmmm... i ddn't know, nothing on the sites that says it is illegal...
> sorry lol

Bwhahahahaha. So all torrent sites have "ILLEGAL! ILLEGAL! ILLEGAL! ILLEGAL! ILLEGAL! ILLEGAL! ILLEGAL! ILLEGAL!" in bold type across the top.

Simple test. If it's on a torrent site, it's probably illegal, if you can buy it in the stores, it's probably illegal. Failing that, it's common sense whether it's copyright free or not.

I'd suggest the way the movie jumped around a lot was due to it being a second generation recording of a bloke sitting in the audience filming the screen with a hand held camera. Nothing you are ever going to do will improve the quality.

[URL]http://www.archive.org/movies/collection.php?collection=feature_films&PHPSESSID=71b00e734c315235293c3faa8ac0ddec[/URL] Free, and legal feature film downloads. Night of the Living dead is perhaps the best, but if stuff live Santa Claus conquers the martians floats your boat, you'll be in hog heaven.
Thu 06/01/05 at 00:39
Regular
"NULL"
sanders wrote:
> its not illegal got it from a legit website. dnt do an illegal stuff -
> not worth it

That legit website didn't turn out to be too legit now did it....

However, it does raise an interesting point - nowhere on these sites does it say it may be illegal to download some of the files (and if it does, they don't make it obvious). Would that be enough in court to get you off charges?
Thu 06/01/05 at 00:28
Regular
"no nonsense"
Nimco wrote:
> You didn't think it was at all suspicious that you were getting copies
> of DVDs, that would normally cost money, for free?
>
> Whatever.

well considering i have never done anything like that before and the first one i downloaded didn't even work, no, i ddn't know...

and because it didn't work i won't be downloading DVD's again
Wed 05/01/05 at 23:55
Regular
"NULL"
You didn't think it was at all suspicious that you were getting copies of DVDs, that would normally cost money, for free?

Whatever.
Wed 05/01/05 at 23:44
Regular
"no nonsense"
hmmm... i ddn't know, nothing on the sites that says it is illegal... sorry lol
Wed 05/01/05 at 23:43
Regular
"Jim Jam Jim"
I would say Sanders if you did get a DVD from any one of those sites listed in your link then its 100% illegal.
Wed 05/01/05 at 23:26
Regular
"aka memo aaka gayby"
Those sites have illegal rips of DVDs!
Wed 05/01/05 at 14:55
Regular
"Captain to you."
I download illegal stuff all the time don't worry about it.

I assume it was a bunch of rar files but when you open on of them there is just one file which is huge normally about 4 gig or so. You just drag one of them out from any file and wait the 10 mins for it to extract. then it's normally a case of burning the dvd. Use Alcohol 120% as it is reliable. what software did you use? maybe try a slower burn speed. would help knowing the file though, for any more help.
Wed 05/01/05 at 14:52
Regular
"aka memo aaka gayby"
sanders wrote:
> nar its cool, would take you ages anyway, took forever for me. thanks
> anyways. plus you wouldn't be interested in the dvd anyway, really
> old.
>
> wasn't for me either so i aint to bothered...

No, it really isn't any problem.
Please, tell us what it was.

I've been looking for a source of legal DVD downloads, so I'd like to know the site anyway.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Great services and friendly support
I have been a subscriber to your service for more than 9 yrs. I have got at least 12 other people to sign up to Freeola. This is due to the great services offered and the responsive friendly support.
Top-notch internet service
Excellent internet service and customer service. Top-notch in replying to my comments.
Duncan

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.