GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Tool"

The "Freeola Customer Forum" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Wed 16/05/01 at 13:52
Regular
Amid the current glut of shouty white kids in shorts (L Bizkit, Papa Roach etc), one band stands head and shoulders above the nu-metal morons that think all it takes is some cursing and jumping about to be decent.

Tool have been around for over a decade now, emerging with the Opiate EP and then unleashing Undertow on an unsuspecting world.

This was followed 3 years later by Aenima, a billboard #2 and over a million copies sold.
Then nothing.

4 years later they slide back with "Lateralus" and once more show how rock music should be done.

So why are Tool so far ahead of the game?
A refusal to bow to commercial fads, complete control over their music and art, complex songs, difficult subject matter and music that requires a mind to appreciate them.

I would say Tool remind me of:
The Doors, Soundgarden, King Crimson, H P Lovecraft and Jung.
A dark, dense and sometimes disturbing experience, Tool is anything but easy to ignore.

Lateralus breaks the rules for a rock album.
Songs rarely clock in under 6 minutes, no shouty choruses, no easily singable tunes.
Instead you have a soundscape that takes in everything from standard rock format to middle-eastern, tabla drenched 6/4 time signature that just shouldn't work but does.

Compared to most of the bands treading rock water right now, Tool are one of the few that matter.
When the current bands slip and fall because taste moves on, Tool will still be there whispering in your ear and astounding you with their art.

And art is where it's at for tool.
They took a lower percentage deal with Volcano records in order to retain complete artistic control over videos, packaging and web-sites.
Lateralus has one of the most unique and perfect CD packages, from the moment you open it, you can rest assured that Tool consider what they as something to push back the boundaries.

So tap your foot to Limp Bizkit, let your little brother swear along to Papa Roach, then make him listen to Tool and watch his jaw drop and his third eye open.
Wed 16/05/01 at 20:46
Regular
"Forum Tweener"
Yeah, Tool ROCK!
Its nice to know somebody feels the same way about them.
I hope you win filmaday for that!
Seeya!

Raven_spw
Wed 16/05/01 at 13:52
Regular
"Infantalised Forums"
Amid the current glut of shouty white kids in shorts (L Bizkit, Papa Roach etc), one band stands head and shoulders above the nu-metal morons that think all it takes is some cursing and jumping about to be decent.

Tool have been around for over a decade now, emerging with the Opiate EP and then unleashing Undertow on an unsuspecting world.

This was followed 3 years later by Aenima, a billboard #2 and over a million copies sold.
Then nothing.

4 years later they slide back with "Lateralus" and once more show how rock music should be done.

So why are Tool so far ahead of the game?
A refusal to bow to commercial fads, complete control over their music and art, complex songs, difficult subject matter and music that requires a mind to appreciate them.

I would say Tool remind me of:
The Doors, Soundgarden, King Crimson, H P Lovecraft and Jung.
A dark, dense and sometimes disturbing experience, Tool is anything but easy to ignore.

Lateralus breaks the rules for a rock album.
Songs rarely clock in under 6 minutes, no shouty choruses, no easily singable tunes.
Instead you have a soundscape that takes in everything from standard rock format to middle-eastern, tabla drenched 6/4 time signature that just shouldn't work but does.

Compared to most of the bands treading rock water right now, Tool are one of the few that matter.
When the current bands slip and fall because taste moves on, Tool will still be there whispering in your ear and astounding you with their art.

And art is where it's at for tool.
They took a lower percentage deal with Volcano records in order to retain complete artistic control over videos, packaging and web-sites.
Lateralus has one of the most unique and perfect CD packages, from the moment you open it, you can rest assured that Tool consider what they as something to push back the boundaries.

So tap your foot to Limp Bizkit, let your little brother swear along to Papa Roach, then make him listen to Tool and watch his jaw drop and his third eye open.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Great services and friendly support
I have been a subscriber to your service for more than 9 yrs. I have got at least 12 other people to sign up to Freeola. This is due to the great services offered and the responsive friendly support.
Thank you very much for your help!
Top service for free - excellent - thank you very much for your help.

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.