GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"A chase..."

The "Creative Writing" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Thu 30/12/04 at 20:52
Regular
"For One Night Only"
In the small religious countryside village of Raciv-dam, a chase occured...

Young Betsy Bromanov was at the centre of it all. She had sensed, since leaving her little cottage that morning, that someone had been following her. There was nothing she could do now, though. Nothing she could do, that is, but run!

Run, she did. She was on a pure adrenaline rush to the head. Nothing could slow her down now, she had the power of two Betsy Bromanov's inside her to keep her speeding for hours.

To think, she had only left the house to buy some bread and pilchards, as most twenty-four year-olds do. She had turned this corner, gone down that street, across the field of beans, through the forbidden footpath and to the market. All that time she had felt it - the follower. She picked up a pace, she started to run, but the person behind her ran aswell. It had become a CHASE.

There was no going back now, all she had to do was cross Farmer Manyboobs' cornpatch without taking a bullet and she'd be priceless yards away from the church where she could claim sanctuary.

Young Betsy Bromanov had always believed in the church. If there was one place she could turn to now, the church truly was the answer. She gallopped through the cornfields, no sign of Farmer Manyboobs; but alas, tripped over a stray root.

She turned round to face the silhouette of her chaser and simply said, "I'll tell the vicar."
The silhouette moved forward into the light and uttered, "I am the vicar."
Sun 20/02/05 at 19:16
Regular
"Catch it!"
Cool im going to go and read it now!
Sun 20/02/05 at 15:01
Regular
"For One Night Only"
Okay. The spin-off is now complete...
Wed 26/01/05 at 18:41
Regular
"For One Night Only"
Incidental genius.
Wed 26/01/05 at 08:07
Regular
She turned round to face the silhouette of her chaser and simply said, "I'll tell the vicar.". Everything went into Slow-mo. The silhouette moved forward into the light and uttered, "I am the vicar."

There, I've just saved your piece.
Wed 26/01/05 at 07:56
Regular
Had it featured slow-mo, it would be perfection.
Tue 25/01/05 at 21:34
Regular
"For One Night Only"
Thanks guys. Plus - you're good writer, Ineedsleep, so it's nice to hear that off you. Must write follow-up...
Sun 23/01/05 at 21:29
Regular
"A Paladin with a PH"
Nice story.
Sun 23/01/05 at 20:17
Regular
"Going nowhere fast"
Fabergé Gem wrote:
> Heh, I'm all for twisted vicar stories.

Ditto :)

Nice little snapshot there. I look forward to the follow-up.
Sun 23/01/05 at 19:58
Regular
"For One Night Only"
Cheers. One day soon I'll write another (having lost all respect in the Xbox forum) just to boost myself up.
Sun 23/01/05 at 12:10
Regular
"Swivel!"
Kickin' story. Very good, especially the bit about most 24 year olds buying pilchards.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Everybody thinks I am an IT genius...
Nothing but admiration. I have been complimented on the church site that I manage through you and everybody thinks I am an IT genius. Your support is unquestionably outstanding.
Brian
LOVE it....
You have made it so easy to build & host a website!!!
Gemma

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.