GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Morrowind, Mr. Dolores"

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

This thread has been linked to the game 'The Elder Scrolls III: Morrowind'.
Sun 12/12/04 at 21:48
Regular
"gsybe you!"
First of all, anyone else, if you don't like Morrowind, fack off.

Right.

A few tips to get you going methinks. First of all, you might as well start again - and choose a race you want to play like. A Breton/High Elf is good for magic, a Dark Elf is a good all rounder, a Redguard is a good fighter etc. Don't be a stupid Argonian/Khajit. Unless you want to look like an idiot. Actually, all the characters looks silly. Ah well.

Then, pick a weapon skill as a minor skill. This gets all the Morrowind geeks up in arms as it limits your levelling ability later in the game (i.e, you can get to level 72, but not 73, BECAUSE YOU USED A WEAPON SKILL!11111. I don't know if this is true, but just ignore the retards, as I'm at level 33 or something after literally hours and hours of play. I mean 150+ probably.). Doing this will mean you (for example, with long blades) can hack at stuff a bit more easily at the start - or smash them with axes, or shoot them with a bow, etc. Athletics is another good one - you can actually move faster than a snail if this is around 20/25 rather than 10. Don't make it a major skill (like I did :( ) as this means you are really good at.....running around. Great. Instead, make stuff like Restoration a major skill (healing spells being mightily handy) and anything else you like - speechcraft can be useful, and merchantile too, but the latter not as a major really.

So, start off like that I reckon, and obviously play how you want. Being able to hack at worms without risk of dying is nice, and being able to run about faster than said worms is also good. Go to Balmora and join a guild or two, and do some tasks. Menial yes, but they get you around Morrowind - and also do the main quest, as this takes you places too.

Learn Mark and Recall spells, and either Divine/Almsivi Intervention. Important to save time/your life on occassions.

Save often.

This is really lame too, but I did it as the journal becomes useless after about 100 days in Morrowind, as you really have no idea about stuff if you leave the game for a few days. Basically, each time you get a quest, make a note of who gave it to you, where it was (especially important) and which journal page it is on - this saves so much aimless searching later on.

So, hack and slave your way too a decent enough level, and once you crack about...level 10 (well, it was with me), you'll start to be able to run about doing what you want, rather than doing what others tell you and keeping to the paths.

*NOTE; Following might ruin part of the enjoyment of discovery. Yus*

When you can kill people without it getting ridiculous, head to Gnissis (North West - riders in Ald-Ruhn will get you there). Then go north, and espy that pond (takes a little bit of searching though - nrth east it is) with the lady and the nearly invisible guy. Find her ring (hurhur) in the pond, OR kill the invisible guy - you have to be fairly decent at comabt and healing. If the lady spots it, kill her too - there ain't nobody else about, if you keep the fight relatively close to the pond. Take the Amulet of Shadows from the invisible guy and hurrah!!! you can be 80% Chameleoned. I.e, near enough invisible to kill people without them knowing you're there, but you still have to sneak etc. Now, go to Deaedric ruins (big fortresses with curvy twisty towers - looks evil - NOT TELVANNI - which are other cities and are all tree like). Enter, and kill Deadric lords and such like when invisible - look at their remains and take the unbelievably expensive weapons they have most of the time (i.e anything from 10,000 - 120,000) and sell them too.......the Mudcrab Merchant. South of Suran, run along the river until it opens into mudflats. Go slightly south east and espy a Dwemmer ruin - on one of the islands here is a mudcrab - DO NOT KILL - instead, speak to it. If it's the correct one, he has 10,000 to spend on your stuff. Rest 24 hours each time and sell him the stuff. He doesn't have 120,000 to spend on an 120,000 weapon, so I usually keep those and sell him the 10,000-30,000 stuff. Then, you're rolling in it, which means you can pay trainers and bribe people to your hearts content!

----------

Anyway, I've rambled.
Fri 17/12/04 at 14:12
Regular
"8==="
The journal isn't that bad there's shortcuts to various topics etc. I found it very easy to navigate using those.
Mon 13/12/04 at 15:48
Regular
"Remember me?"
sPiKeCaSt wrote:
> Morrowind? BAHAHAHAAH
>
>
> *runs*

S'what I was thinking, too.

*runs!*
Mon 13/12/04 at 10:48
Regular
"Aimar...meh"
PES4?
Mon 13/12/04 at 10:44
Regular
"Touched!"
Morrowind? BAHAHAHAAH

*runs*
Mon 13/12/04 at 10:43
Regular
"Aimar...meh"
YEY
Sun 12/12/04 at 21:48
Regular
"gsybe you!"
First of all, anyone else, if you don't like Morrowind, fack off.

Right.

A few tips to get you going methinks. First of all, you might as well start again - and choose a race you want to play like. A Breton/High Elf is good for magic, a Dark Elf is a good all rounder, a Redguard is a good fighter etc. Don't be a stupid Argonian/Khajit. Unless you want to look like an idiot. Actually, all the characters looks silly. Ah well.

Then, pick a weapon skill as a minor skill. This gets all the Morrowind geeks up in arms as it limits your levelling ability later in the game (i.e, you can get to level 72, but not 73, BECAUSE YOU USED A WEAPON SKILL!11111. I don't know if this is true, but just ignore the retards, as I'm at level 33 or something after literally hours and hours of play. I mean 150+ probably.). Doing this will mean you (for example, with long blades) can hack at stuff a bit more easily at the start - or smash them with axes, or shoot them with a bow, etc. Athletics is another good one - you can actually move faster than a snail if this is around 20/25 rather than 10. Don't make it a major skill (like I did :( ) as this means you are really good at.....running around. Great. Instead, make stuff like Restoration a major skill (healing spells being mightily handy) and anything else you like - speechcraft can be useful, and merchantile too, but the latter not as a major really.

So, start off like that I reckon, and obviously play how you want. Being able to hack at worms without risk of dying is nice, and being able to run about faster than said worms is also good. Go to Balmora and join a guild or two, and do some tasks. Menial yes, but they get you around Morrowind - and also do the main quest, as this takes you places too.

Learn Mark and Recall spells, and either Divine/Almsivi Intervention. Important to save time/your life on occassions.

Save often.

This is really lame too, but I did it as the journal becomes useless after about 100 days in Morrowind, as you really have no idea about stuff if you leave the game for a few days. Basically, each time you get a quest, make a note of who gave it to you, where it was (especially important) and which journal page it is on - this saves so much aimless searching later on.

So, hack and slave your way too a decent enough level, and once you crack about...level 10 (well, it was with me), you'll start to be able to run about doing what you want, rather than doing what others tell you and keeping to the paths.

*NOTE; Following might ruin part of the enjoyment of discovery. Yus*

When you can kill people without it getting ridiculous, head to Gnissis (North West - riders in Ald-Ruhn will get you there). Then go north, and espy that pond (takes a little bit of searching though - nrth east it is) with the lady and the nearly invisible guy. Find her ring (hurhur) in the pond, OR kill the invisible guy - you have to be fairly decent at comabt and healing. If the lady spots it, kill her too - there ain't nobody else about, if you keep the fight relatively close to the pond. Take the Amulet of Shadows from the invisible guy and hurrah!!! you can be 80% Chameleoned. I.e, near enough invisible to kill people without them knowing you're there, but you still have to sneak etc. Now, go to Deaedric ruins (big fortresses with curvy twisty towers - looks evil - NOT TELVANNI - which are other cities and are all tree like). Enter, and kill Deadric lords and such like when invisible - look at their remains and take the unbelievably expensive weapons they have most of the time (i.e anything from 10,000 - 120,000) and sell them too.......the Mudcrab Merchant. South of Suran, run along the river until it opens into mudflats. Go slightly south east and espy a Dwemmer ruin - on one of the islands here is a mudcrab - DO NOT KILL - instead, speak to it. If it's the correct one, he has 10,000 to spend on your stuff. Rest 24 hours each time and sell him the stuff. He doesn't have 120,000 to spend on an 120,000 weapon, so I usually keep those and sell him the 10,000-30,000 stuff. Then, you're rolling in it, which means you can pay trainers and bribe people to your hearts content!

----------

Anyway, I've rambled.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

The coolest ISP ever!
In my opinion, the ISP is the best I have ever used. They guarantee 'first time connection - everytime', which they have never let me down on.
Easy and free service!
I think it's fab that you provide an easy-to-follow service, and even better that it's free...!
Cerrie

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.